Recovering lost audiobooks
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: While syncing my iPhone when I was trying to transfer all of my purchases to my computer, iTunes froze up halfway through so I had to manually shut it down and I lost my audiobook that I had just purchased that day. Is there any way to retrieve that when it’s not showing up on my iPhone or iTunes? I have the new iPhone 4S.
A: Unfortunately, the only way to deal with this is to contact iTunes Store Customer Service. The easiest way to go about doing this is to find the item in your purchase history and use the “Report a Problem” link. You can access your iTunes Store purchase history directly through the iTunes Store within the iTunes application by selecting the “Account” link from the Quick Links in the top-right corner of the iTunes Store home page, logging in with your Apple ID and password and then selecting the Purchase History option from your Account Information Page.
In the Purchase History section, click the “Report a Problem” button that appears at the bottom of the list and the click the “Report a Problem” link beside the specific item in your order that did not download properly. You will then be taken to a form where you can choose the problem from a drop-down list and fill in any more information that is required.
This sends a request to the iTunes Store customer service group and you should receive a response via e-mail within a day or two, likely indicating that they’ve simply added the item back to your queue for re-downloading.
Note that if you have this problem with content that is normally available from iTunes in the CLoud, such as music or TV shows (in the U.S.), you can simply go to your Purchased items from the Quick Links at the top-right corner of the iTunes Store and re-download it directly from there. Unfortunately, Audiobooks are not included in iTunes in the Cloud yet.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!