Removing playlists from iPod
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: There are four playlists automatically showing up on my iPod when it is connected. I have chosen to sync only “Checked” music and there are no playlists checked. I do not want the playlists on my iPod and I cannot remove them. I have restored my iPod and have current software on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A: If you syncing content with your iPod automatically, choosing to sync only checked songs does not necessarily prevent playlists from being synchronized to your iPod. To control which playlists are synced to your device, you need to connect your iPod to your computer, select it from the Devices listing in iTunes and then choose the “Music” settings page. From this screen, you can choose to sync either your “Entire music library” or “Selected playlists, artist, albums, and genres.”
To remove those playlists from your iPod, you must choose the “Selected playlists…” option and then ensure that those four playlists are UN-checked. During the next automatic sync, iTunes will remove those playlists. Any tracks that are only in those playlists will also be removed.
If you are managing the content on your iPod manually, then changes to playlists in iTunes will not synchronize to your iPod at all. In this case, you must delete the playlists on the iPod from within iTunes. You can display the playlists on your iPod by expanding the iPod entry in your Devices list in iTunes and delete the playlists from here by selecting them and pressing the Delete key in the same manner as you would for a playlist in your iTunes library.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps