Removing playlists from iPod
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: There are four playlists automatically showing up on my iPod when it is connected. I have chosen to sync only “Checked” music and there are no playlists checked. I do not want the playlists on my iPod and I cannot remove them. I have restored my iPod and have current software on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A: If you syncing content with your iPod automatically, choosing to sync only checked songs does not necessarily prevent playlists from being synchronized to your iPod. To control which playlists are synced to your device, you need to connect your iPod to your computer, select it from the Devices listing in iTunes and then choose the “Music” settings page. From this screen, you can choose to sync either your “Entire music library” or “Selected playlists, artist, albums, and genres.”
To remove those playlists from your iPod, you must choose the “Selected playlists…” option and then ensure that those four playlists are UN-checked. During the next automatic sync, iTunes will remove those playlists. Any tracks that are only in those playlists will also be removed.
If you are managing the content on your iPod manually, then changes to playlists in iTunes will not synchronize to your iPod at all. In this case, you must delete the playlists on the iPod from within iTunes. You can display the playlists on your iPod by expanding the iPod entry in your Devices list in iTunes and delete the playlists from here by selecting them and pressing the Delete key in the same manner as you would for a playlist in your iTunes library.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple releases first iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2 betas
- Pokémon Duel released for iOS
- Report: India likely to reject Apple’s tax break requests
- Apple releases iTunes 12.5.5
- Apple releases tvOS 10.1.1, watchOS 3.1.3
- Apple releases iOS 10.2.1
- Foxconn considering $7B investment in ‘highly automated’ U.S. facility for Apple
- KGI: 3D Touch upgrade coming in new iPhone, Touch ID and facial recognition upgrades in future model
- Apple files lawsuit accusing Qualcomm of withholding patent royalties
- Apple releases updated iOS Developer Design Resources
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10