Reordering iCloud Calendars on iOS
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I have several calendars on my iPhone and iPad that are synchronized via iCloud between these devices and iCloud on my iMac. However, I can’t for the life of me figure out where the sort order of the calendars on my iPhone and iPad is coming from as it seems completely random. I can reorder the calendars in iCal by dragging them up and down, but I can’t seem to do the same on my other devices, and when I change the order in iCal it doesn’t always change it properly on the iPhone and iPad. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this to get my calendars in a more useful order? For example, right now my husband’s shared calendar is the first one on the list, above all of my own personal calendars, which doesn’t make any sense for me—in iCal it gets its own “Shared” section, below the rest of my personal calendars.
A: You’re right that there isn’t really any understandable logic to how your calendar list gets sorted on the iOS side, but the good news is that you can fix it manually with a trip to your account on the iCloud web site at http://www.icloud.com.
Simply log into your iCloud account on the web page and select your Calendar from the list of options that appear. In the web-based calendar list you will be able to drag and drop calendars to reorder them in a similar manner to how you do this in iCal; the difference being that the changes made here actually will propagate to your iOS devices.
The key point here is that unlike iCal your web-based calendar at iCloud.com doesn’t actually group your calendars into their own sections by type, so the calendar order shown here should directly reflect the order you see on your iPhone and iPad. Likewise, reordering your calendars from here will update your iOS devices to display the calendars in the same order.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- iDevices adds dynamic automation, enhanced scheduling to ‘Connected’ app for HomeKit
- Apple reports that iOS 10.2.1 significantly reduces unexpected iPhone 6s shutdown issues
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10