Reordering iCloud Calendars on iOS
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I have several calendars on my iPhone and iPad that are synchronized via iCloud between these devices and iCloud on my iMac. However, I can’t for the life of me figure out where the sort order of the calendars on my iPhone and iPad is coming from as it seems completely random. I can reorder the calendars in iCal by dragging them up and down, but I can’t seem to do the same on my other devices, and when I change the order in iCal it doesn’t always change it properly on the iPhone and iPad. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this to get my calendars in a more useful order? For example, right now my husband’s shared calendar is the first one on the list, above all of my own personal calendars, which doesn’t make any sense for me—in iCal it gets its own “Shared” section, below the rest of my personal calendars.
A: You’re right that there isn’t really any understandable logic to how your calendar list gets sorted on the iOS side, but the good news is that you can fix it manually with a trip to your account on the iCloud web site at http://www.icloud.com.
Simply log into your iCloud account on the web page and select your Calendar from the list of options that appear. In the web-based calendar list you will be able to drag and drop calendars to reorder them in a similar manner to how you do this in iCal; the difference being that the changes made here actually will propagate to your iOS devices.
The key point here is that unlike iCal your web-based calendar at iCloud.com doesn’t actually group your calendars into their own sections by type, so the calendar order shown here should directly reflect the order you see on your iPhone and iPad. Likewise, reordering your calendars from here will update your iOS devices to display the calendars in the same order.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)