Resetting incorrect playcounts
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: Over the past several months I have noticed an oddity in my iTunes library, and it seems to be spreading. Seemingly at random about 1/3 of my songs are developing an extremely negitive playcount value (i.e. -1101560161)! I’m not super concerned with getting the correct playcount back, but I would like to at least set them back to zero. How would I go about doing that?
A: While we’re not sure how this problem may have arisen, we can surely easily fix it. First, collect all the negative-playcount songs into one area, either by sorting your library via the “Playcount” column header or via a Smart Playlist specifying playcounts less than zero. Then, select all the affected songs (by holding down the shift key while clicking between the top and bottom affected songs), right-click, and choose “Reset Play Count”. That’s it! Your playcounts on the affected songs should be returned to zero.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Report: 10.5” iPad Pro could still arrive this spring
- Apple’s Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps gain Touch ID support, other improvements
- Apple releases tvOS 10.2 and Apple TV Remote for iPad
- Apple releases watchOS 3.2, featuring Theater Mode, SiriKit
- Apple releases iOS 10.3 with Find My AirPods, Siri + CarPlay improvements
- Wells Fargo rolling out ability to use Apple Pay for transactions at some ATMs later this year
- Apple ‘stepping up’ investment in AR glasses, but they’re still reportedly more than a year away
- Beijing court overturns ruling that iPhone 6, 6 Plus violated design patents
- TSMC to begin production of A11 chips for new iPhone in April
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10