Sell Your Old iPod, Buy a New One (or iPhone)
As one of several parts of iLounge.com found only in our Books and Buyers’ Guides, we’ve been publishing charts for the last few years to help readers learn how much used iPods are worth at given points in time. Our most recent update was published in early June, showing iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, and iPod shuffle prices ahead of the release of Apple’s iPhone, with pricing data taken from eBay and leading private bulk purchasers of used iPods.
To see the June 2007 pricing chart, download The Free iPod Book 3.0 and check out page 104. Every iPod from 1G to 5G, first- and second-generation shuffles, minis, and nanos, is listed by color and model number inside. Examples of used iPod values include 80GB fifth-generation iPods for $265 and up, 8GB iPod nanos for $155 and up, and 1GB shuffles for $41 and up. With this pricing data, you can decide whether now’s the right time to sell and get yourself some cash to use on an iPhone—or an upcoming iPod, if you can wait that long.
Three years of historical pricing data is available from our Library of past Guides and Books. We’ve been tracking eBay sales figures, Amazon.com Marketplace numbers, and prices from other vendors since back then, so you can get a rough idea of how much your iPod will depreciate over the next several months or years.
- Quickly And Wisely Reducing Your iCloud Footprint
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of Apple TV 6.0
- Easing Your Transition To iOS 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 7.0
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPhone Lineup, 5c + 5s
- iOS 7: Maps, Passbook, Compass + Notes
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts