Sell Your Old iPod, Buy a New One (or iPhone)
As one of several parts of iLounge.com found only in our Books and Buyers’ Guides, we’ve been publishing charts for the last few years to help readers learn how much used iPods are worth at given points in time. Our most recent update was published in early June, showing iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, and iPod shuffle prices ahead of the release of Apple’s iPhone, with pricing data taken from eBay and leading private bulk purchasers of used iPods.
To see the June 2007 pricing chart, download The Free iPod Book 3.0 and check out page 104. Every iPod from 1G to 5G, first- and second-generation shuffles, minis, and nanos, is listed by color and model number inside. Examples of used iPod values include 80GB fifth-generation iPods for $265 and up, 8GB iPod nanos for $155 and up, and 1GB shuffles for $41 and up. With this pricing data, you can decide whether now’s the right time to sell and get yourself some cash to use on an iPhone—or an upcoming iPod, if you can wait that long.
Three years of historical pricing data is available from our Library of past Guides and Books. We’ve been tracking eBay sales figures, Amazon.com Marketplace numbers, and prices from other vendors since back then, so you can get a rough idea of how much your iPod will depreciate over the next several months or years.
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?