Sell Your Old iPod, Buy a New One (or iPhone)
As one of several parts of iLounge.com found only in our Books and Buyers’ Guides, we’ve been publishing charts for the last few years to help readers learn how much used iPods are worth at given points in time. Our most recent update was published in early June, showing iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, and iPod shuffle prices ahead of the release of Apple’s iPhone, with pricing data taken from eBay and leading private bulk purchasers of used iPods.
To see the June 2007 pricing chart, download The Free iPod Book 3.0 and check out page 104. Every iPod from 1G to 5G, first- and second-generation shuffles, minis, and nanos, is listed by color and model number inside. Examples of used iPod values include 80GB fifth-generation iPods for $265 and up, 8GB iPod nanos for $155 and up, and 1GB shuffles for $41 and up. With this pricing data, you can decide whether now’s the right time to sell and get yourself some cash to use on an iPhone—or an upcoming iPod, if you can wait that long.
Three years of historical pricing data is available from our Library of past Guides and Books. We’ve been tracking eBay sales figures, Amazon.com Marketplace numbers, and prices from other vendors since back then, so you can get a rough idea of how much your iPod will depreciate over the next several months or years.
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iBattz Refuel Invictus for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?