Shuffle de Couple? The iPod shuffle’s first stands
Ask any group of iPod accessory developers to brainstorm in a room, and you’ll hear good ideas, bad ideas, and funny “who knows?” ideas. Griffin Technology has actually manufactured a couple of the funny ones - the iPod iBeam laser pointer among them - and now Japan’s Power Support is sharing one, too.
Meet the prototypes of “Shuffle de Couple,” the world’s first (and only) metal iPod shuffle stand made for two, and the solo Shuffle Fix Stand. Of the two metal iPod holders, only the single version is likely to ever appear as a Power Support product, but there’s something more than a little amusing about the double version. It was developed more as a joke than anything else, but it’s actually pretty cool.
Fans of Power Support will recall the company’s noteworthy metal stands for full-sized iPods and iPod minis, including the Swivel Fix Stand for iPod minis - these are along the same lines. You can use them as industrial-grade stands on a desk, or apply an adhesive pad to the back to mount them in your car. Build quality is high, though of the two, only the solo version currently includes the standblasted silver finish that would appear in a production model.
Both of the shuffle stands are sized to fit iPod shuffles enclosed in the company’s new cases, which are amongst the best we’ve seen. You can use the stands with the USB cap on or off, too. We’re thinking that the Shuffle de Couple could be for a two-shuffle family that wants to mount both in the car and quickly flip between their headphone jacks… but absent demand, it’s not coming out. What do you guys and gals think?
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple announces record 4M+ pre-orders for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010