Shuffle de Couple? The iPod shuffle’s first stands
Ask any group of iPod accessory developers to brainstorm in a room, and you’ll hear good ideas, bad ideas, and funny “who knows?” ideas. Griffin Technology has actually manufactured a couple of the funny ones - the iPod iBeam laser pointer among them - and now Japan’s Power Support is sharing one, too.
Meet the prototypes of “Shuffle de Couple,” the world’s first (and only) metal iPod shuffle stand made for two, and the solo Shuffle Fix Stand. Of the two metal iPod holders, only the single version is likely to ever appear as a Power Support product, but there’s something more than a little amusing about the double version. It was developed more as a joke than anything else, but it’s actually pretty cool.
Fans of Power Support will recall the company’s noteworthy metal stands for full-sized iPods and iPod minis, including the Swivel Fix Stand for iPod minis - these are along the same lines. You can use them as industrial-grade stands on a desk, or apply an adhesive pad to the back to mount them in your car. Build quality is high, though of the two, only the solo version currently includes the standblasted silver finish that would appear in a production model.
Both of the shuffle stands are sized to fit iPod shuffles enclosed in the company’s new cases, which are amongst the best we’ve seen. You can use the stands with the USB cap on or off, too. We’re thinking that the Shuffle de Couple could be for a two-shuffle family that wants to mount both in the car and quickly flip between their headphone jacks… but absent demand, it’s not coming out. What do you guys and gals think?
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone