Shuffle de Couple? The iPod shuffle’s first stands
Ask any group of iPod accessory developers to brainstorm in a room, and you’ll hear good ideas, bad ideas, and funny “who knows?” ideas. Griffin Technology has actually manufactured a couple of the funny ones - the iPod iBeam laser pointer among them - and now Japan’s Power Support is sharing one, too.
Meet the prototypes of “Shuffle de Couple,” the world’s first (and only) metal iPod shuffle stand made for two, and the solo Shuffle Fix Stand. Of the two metal iPod holders, only the single version is likely to ever appear as a Power Support product, but there’s something more than a little amusing about the double version. It was developed more as a joke than anything else, but it’s actually pretty cool.
Fans of Power Support will recall the company’s noteworthy metal stands for full-sized iPods and iPod minis, including the Swivel Fix Stand for iPod minis - these are along the same lines. You can use them as industrial-grade stands on a desk, or apply an adhesive pad to the back to mount them in your car. Build quality is high, though of the two, only the solo version currently includes the standblasted silver finish that would appear in a production model.
Both of the shuffle stands are sized to fit iPod shuffles enclosed in the company’s new cases, which are amongst the best we’ve seen. You can use the stands with the USB cap on or off, too. We’re thinking that the Shuffle de Couple could be for a two-shuffle family that wants to mount both in the car and quickly flip between their headphone jacks… but absent demand, it’s not coming out. What do you guys and gals think?
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
- iPad Air 2 includes NFC chip, but likely won’t be used (Updated)
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0