Shuffle de Couple? The iPod shuffle’s first stands
Ask any group of iPod accessory developers to brainstorm in a room, and you’ll hear good ideas, bad ideas, and funny “who knows?” ideas. Griffin Technology has actually manufactured a couple of the funny ones - the iPod iBeam laser pointer among them - and now Japan’s Power Support is sharing one, too.
Meet the prototypes of “Shuffle de Couple,” the world’s first (and only) metal iPod shuffle stand made for two, and the solo Shuffle Fix Stand. Of the two metal iPod holders, only the single version is likely to ever appear as a Power Support product, but there’s something more than a little amusing about the double version. It was developed more as a joke than anything else, but it’s actually pretty cool.
Fans of Power Support will recall the company’s noteworthy metal stands for full-sized iPods and iPod minis, including the Swivel Fix Stand for iPod minis - these are along the same lines. You can use them as industrial-grade stands on a desk, or apply an adhesive pad to the back to mount them in your car. Build quality is high, though of the two, only the solo version currently includes the standblasted silver finish that would appear in a production model.
Both of the shuffle stands are sized to fit iPod shuffles enclosed in the company’s new cases, which are amongst the best we’ve seen. You can use the stands with the USB cap on or off, too. We’re thinking that the Shuffle de Couple could be for a two-shuffle family that wants to mount both in the car and quickly flip between their headphone jacks… but absent demand, it’s not coming out. What do you guys and gals think?
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts