Shuffle de Couple? The iPod shuffle’s first stands
Ask any group of iPod accessory developers to brainstorm in a room, and you’ll hear good ideas, bad ideas, and funny “who knows?” ideas. Griffin Technology has actually manufactured a couple of the funny ones - the iPod iBeam laser pointer among them - and now Japan’s Power Support is sharing one, too.
Meet the prototypes of “Shuffle de Couple,” the world’s first (and only) metal iPod shuffle stand made for two, and the solo Shuffle Fix Stand. Of the two metal iPod holders, only the single version is likely to ever appear as a Power Support product, but there’s something more than a little amusing about the double version. It was developed more as a joke than anything else, but it’s actually pretty cool.
Fans of Power Support will recall the company’s noteworthy metal stands for full-sized iPods and iPod minis, including the Swivel Fix Stand for iPod minis - these are along the same lines. You can use them as industrial-grade stands on a desk, or apply an adhesive pad to the back to mount them in your car. Build quality is high, though of the two, only the solo version currently includes the standblasted silver finish that would appear in a production model.
Both of the shuffle stands are sized to fit iPod shuffles enclosed in the company’s new cases, which are amongst the best we’ve seen. You can use the stands with the USB cap on or off, too. We’re thinking that the Shuffle de Couple could be for a two-shuffle family that wants to mount both in the car and quickly flip between their headphone jacks… but absent demand, it’s not coming out. What do you guys and gals think?
- Apple Computer iTV / Apple TV First Look
- First Looks: PocketParty V2, Aural Earbuds, Cases for Apple Remote, nano, 5G
- First Looks: Kensington Dock 500/Radio Duo, Icuiti DV920, Belkin TuneBase FM & More
- First Looks Special: Motorola SLVR L7 iTunes Phone (photos inside)
- First Looks: Altec iM3c, SmartShare, OtterBox 5G, Commuter & Mork Mount
- First Looks: Applesauce, Blinkit, EyeTV 2, iM11, iRhythms & More
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks