Smart Cover folio cases for iPad 2
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I have an iPad 2 and for weeks now I have been searching for a case to meet my requirements. Recently I followed your first “A” review and bought a SwitchEasy Canvas case but was disappointed with it. These are my requirements but I cannot seem to find all of them combined in a single case: Smart cover compatible (magnetic on off); back and front protection; real leather if possible; ability to work as a stand with at least one position of about 65 degrees and will not fall when I play Infinity Blade nor bounce up and down when I type. I’d also like it to be lightweight and less bulky if possible and have a reasonable price of around $50-60 for non-leather, or $70-80 for leather. Any suggestions?
A: One case that you may want to take a look at is the Speck MagFolio for iPad 2 (iLounge Rating: B+), which seems like it would meet most, if not all of your requirements. One of our editors in fact uses this case on his older iPad 2 and is quite happy with both the style and flexibility of it.
The standard MagFolio is faux leather and priced at $60, but otherwise provides the Smart Cover capabilities, full body protection and five different viewing angles—four upright positions and one reclined position appropriate for typing. While a genuine leather version, the MagFolio Luxe for iPad 2, is also available, it comes in at a premium price of $100, and thus rated our more limited recommendation simply due to the higher price point; it’s basically otherwise the same case as the standard MagFolio.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple Music to supply content to Musical.ly
- Apple now withholding royalty payments to Qualcomm as dispute escalates
- New Puff Daddy Documentary will be another Apple Music exclusive
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.3.2
- Report: Apple’s Jimmy Iovine still has ambitious video plans for Apple Music
- Apple executive talks using AI to boost human memory
- Apple rolling out ‘Today at Apple’ educational courses starting in May
- Smart home device maker iDevices acquired by Hubbell
- Apple delays ‘Carpool Karaoke’ release to ‘later this year’
- Dutch court rules Apple can’t replace broken iPads with refurbished models
- FABRIQ AirPlay and Bluetooth Alexa-Enabled Speaker
- Advanced Evo X & M4
- Advanced Mezger aptX Bluetooth Receiver
- iDevices Wall Switch
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10