Smart Cover folio cases for iPad 2
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I have an iPad 2 and for weeks now I have been searching for a case to meet my requirements. Recently I followed your first “A” review and bought a SwitchEasy Canvas case but was disappointed with it. These are my requirements but I cannot seem to find all of them combined in a single case: Smart cover compatible (magnetic on off); back and front protection; real leather if possible; ability to work as a stand with at least one position of about 65 degrees and will not fall when I play Infinity Blade nor bounce up and down when I type. I’d also like it to be lightweight and less bulky if possible and have a reasonable price of around $50-60 for non-leather, or $70-80 for leather. Any suggestions?
A: One case that you may want to take a look at is the Speck MagFolio for iPad 2 (iLounge Rating: B+), which seems like it would meet most, if not all of your requirements. One of our editors in fact uses this case on his older iPad 2 and is quite happy with both the style and flexibility of it.
The standard MagFolio is faux leather and priced at $60, but otherwise provides the Smart Cover capabilities, full body protection and five different viewing angles—four upright positions and one reclined position appropriate for typing. While a genuine leather version, the MagFolio Luxe for iPad 2, is also available, it comes in at a premium price of $100, and thus rated our more limited recommendation simply due to the higher price point; it’s basically otherwise the same case as the standard MagFolio.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Report: EU to rule against Apple-Ireland tax deals, recommend Apple pay 1B+ Euros
- Apple sued over unresponsive iPhone 6/6 Plus touchscreen issues
- Apple announces Sept. 7 event
- Philips introduces Hue Motion Sensor
- Photos hint at improved battery for new Apple Watch
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives [Update: Spotify responds]
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app