Sneak Peeks: Apple Expo Paris, Part 3
With Apple Expo Paris almost at an end, we came back to the exhibition hall at Porte de Versailles this morning to take quick looks at a handful of products that were late to arrive for the show, or that we’d missed on our first two passes through. There are a few surprises in here, and several more to come over the next week after the show has ended. A complete third photo gallery is now available at this link, as well.
Altec had two new items out on display today: SA1 is the company’s iPod shuffle adapter for inMotion speakers, a plastic insert which actually resizes an iPod shuffle to fit into the same footprint as a full-sized iPod.
The company also had its carrying case out for the previously announced inMotion iM5 speakers, which is black and bears the new inMotion logo. This logo will appear on all future inMotion products, but won’t appear on packaging for already released items. We also confirmed today that the inMotion iM5 system preserves the Dock Connector port found on its predecessors; it is now hidden on the back of the pop-out dock, such that your cable snakes underneath the speakers.
Though no additional products appeared on the show floor, Griffin had two posters up for products we’d not seen before. CarTrip is an iPod shuffle car mount, charger, and FM transmitter. It can switch between four stations via a switch on its left-hand side.
RoadTrip Charcoal is a second color of the company’s existing RoadTrip car mount, charger, and FM transmitter for full-sized and mini iPods. The company confirmed that it is working on an iPod nano holder for the existing RoadTrip, rather than creating a new product solely for the iPod nano.
We were so enthralled by Harman/JBL’s other offerings on our previous visits that we missed The Bridge, an iPod dock specially designed to integrated with the company’s AVR140/240/340 line of receivers. Listed as incompatible with the iPod shuffle (at least, without an adapter), The Bridge will sell for around $70 and work with all other iPods. There’s no video output, but the receiver’s remote control can also control the iPod, and the receiver is capable of on-screen video displays of menu choices.
Pacific Rim Technologies
Pac Rim debuted three new iPod nano cases, each using the same body design but differing in fabric. The first was a black ballistic nylon design; the other two were based on Chinese silk patterns, though a bit more resilient. Pac Rim will be fine-tuning this before release (soon), and plans two price offerings: one for $15, and one for $20 with lanyard headphones.
Radtech showed two products: first was Portectorz for Dock Connector iPods, a $6 silicone rubber port cover that protects the iPod’s bottom pins from damage.
The other was ClearClip, a revamped and improved version of another company’s ShuffleClip, an iPod shuffle holder we previously hadn’t liked.
As always, we will have more for you next week, and hope you’ve enjoyed these updates from Apple Expo Paris.
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s iPad mini + iPad (4th-Gen)
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12