Sneak Peeks: Apple Expo Paris, Part 3
With Apple Expo Paris almost at an end, we came back to the exhibition hall at Porte de Versailles this morning to take quick looks at a handful of products that were late to arrive for the show, or that we’d missed on our first two passes through. There are a few surprises in here, and several more to come over the next week after the show has ended. A complete third photo gallery is now available at this link, as well.
Altec had two new items out on display today: SA1 is the company’s iPod shuffle adapter for inMotion speakers, a plastic insert which actually resizes an iPod shuffle to fit into the same footprint as a full-sized iPod.
The company also had its carrying case out for the previously announced inMotion iM5 speakers, which is black and bears the new inMotion logo. This logo will appear on all future inMotion products, but won’t appear on packaging for already released items. We also confirmed today that the inMotion iM5 system preserves the Dock Connector port found on its predecessors; it is now hidden on the back of the pop-out dock, such that your cable snakes underneath the speakers.
Though no additional products appeared on the show floor, Griffin had two posters up for products we’d not seen before. CarTrip is an iPod shuffle car mount, charger, and FM transmitter. It can switch between four stations via a switch on its left-hand side.
RoadTrip Charcoal is a second color of the company’s existing RoadTrip car mount, charger, and FM transmitter for full-sized and mini iPods. The company confirmed that it is working on an iPod nano holder for the existing RoadTrip, rather than creating a new product solely for the iPod nano.
We were so enthralled by Harman/JBL’s other offerings on our previous visits that we missed The Bridge, an iPod dock specially designed to integrated with the company’s AVR140/240/340 line of receivers. Listed as incompatible with the iPod shuffle (at least, without an adapter), The Bridge will sell for around $70 and work with all other iPods. There’s no video output, but the receiver’s remote control can also control the iPod, and the receiver is capable of on-screen video displays of menu choices.
Pacific Rim Technologies
Pac Rim debuted three new iPod nano cases, each using the same body design but differing in fabric. The first was a black ballistic nylon design; the other two were based on Chinese silk patterns, though a bit more resilient. Pac Rim will be fine-tuning this before release (soon), and plans two price offerings: one for $15, and one for $20 with lanyard headphones.
Radtech showed two products: first was Portectorz for Dock Connector iPods, a $6 silicone rubber port cover that protects the iPod’s bottom pins from damage.
The other was ClearClip, a revamped and improved version of another company’s ShuffleClip, an iPod shuffle holder we previously hadn’t liked.
As always, we will have more for you next week, and hope you’ve enjoyed these updates from Apple Expo Paris.
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- Apple accuses Spotify of ‘asking for preferential treatment’ in response letter
- WSJ: Apple ‘in talks’ to acquire Tidal
- Spotify claims Apple anti-competitively blocking Spotify app update
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren accuses Apple, others, of locking out competition
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Nyne Rebel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip A/V
- ClamCase ClamCase+ for iPad Air 2
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app