Storage size of iPod Games
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I’m thinking of purchasing some games from the iTunes Store, but I only have an iPod nano and am worried that they may take up too much space. How big are the games?
A: Unfortunately, the iPod nano does not support the games that are available from the iTunes Store. These are currently only available for the fifth-generation iPod (5G iPod). Both the original 5G iPod released in October 2005 and the new “Enhanced” 5G iPod released in September 2006 will support the iPod Games, as long as they are running iPod firmware v1.2 or later. You can check your latest firmware version by selecting the About option from the Settings menu on the iPod.
For the 5G iPod owners who are interested in knowing how much space each iPod Game consumes, we have prepared the following table:
|Game||Size on iPod|
|Cubis 2||25 MB|
|Mini Golf||47 MB|
|Ms. PAC-MAN||15 MB|
|Royal Solitaire||57 MB|
|Texas Hold’em||80 MB|
A small amount of additional space is taken up for each game to store preferences and game statistics, however this is only a few kilobytes (KB) for each game.
The full set of twelve games will consume approximately 400 MB of space on the iPod.
Note that the pre-loaded games such as Brick, Music Quiz, Parachute and Solitaire do not consume any additional space (nor can they be removed).
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Apple releases first iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.0.1 developer betas
- Report: Apple considering acquisition of high-performance car maker McLaren (Update: and Lit Motors)
- Google brings Allo messaging app to iOS
- Apple working on fix for Lightning EarPods glitch
- DisplayMate says iPhone 7 has the ‘best performing mobile LCD display’
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps