Sync option missing for Calendars
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: My husband and I both have iPhones. Under Mail, Contacts, Calendars in Settings he has an option to “Sync (All Events)” under Calendars. However, on my phone this option is missing. We do have iCloud accounts and do not use it to sync. I noticed in one of your question and answer articles one of your readers also stated that they had no sync option, and neither do I, but my husband does on his phone. How do I get that option?
A: The Sync option will only appear in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings after you’ve configured an online account for syncing your calendars and they have actually begun syncing to your device. The option doesn’t apply to calendars synced via iTunes, and of course would have no bearing on local calendars stored only on your device.
Even if you have an iCloud account configured on your device, this option will be disabled unless you have enabled the “Calendar” option. The same applies to using a Google or Exchange account.
Note that the Sync option applies to ALL calendars that you are syncing to your device, so if you have both an Exchange and iCloud account configured for calendar sync, for example, only a single setting will appear but will be used for both.
If your husband is also using another type of account, such as an Exchange account for work, then this would explain why he is seeing the sync option. Alternatively, perhaps his iCloud Calendar sync option is enabled.
On the other hand, if you actually do have calendar via iCloud and the option still isn’t appearing, you may want to try toggling the “Calendars” option OFF and back ON in your iCloud Settings to refresh the calendar information.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Apple Pay launches in Hong Kong
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app