Sync option missing for Calendars
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: My husband and I both have iPhones. Under Mail, Contacts, Calendars in Settings he has an option to “Sync (All Events)” under Calendars. However, on my phone this option is missing. We do have iCloud accounts and do not use it to sync. I noticed in one of your question and answer articles one of your readers also stated that they had no sync option, and neither do I, but my husband does on his phone. How do I get that option?
A: The Sync option will only appear in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings after you’ve configured an online account for syncing your calendars and they have actually begun syncing to your device. The option doesn’t apply to calendars synced via iTunes, and of course would have no bearing on local calendars stored only on your device.
Even if you have an iCloud account configured on your device, this option will be disabled unless you have enabled the “Calendar” option. The same applies to using a Google or Exchange account.
Note that the Sync option applies to ALL calendars that you are syncing to your device, so if you have both an Exchange and iCloud account configured for calendar sync, for example, only a single setting will appear but will be used for both.
If your husband is also using another type of account, such as an Exchange account for work, then this would explain why he is seeing the sync option. Alternatively, perhaps his iCloud Calendar sync option is enabled.
On the other hand, if you actually do have calendar via iCloud and the option still isn’t appearing, you may want to try toggling the “Calendars” option OFF and back ON in your iCloud Settings to refresh the calendar information.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!