Syncing photos to multiple iPods | iLounge Article

Article

Syncing photos to multiple iPods

By Jerrod H.

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Articles Categories: Ask iLounge, iTunes

Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.

View the complete Ask iLounge archives...

Q:

I have a question in maintaining photos when using multiple iPods on the same computer. I have an iPod photo 40GB, and I am thinking about upgrading to a 5G iPod 60GB. But because these two iPods have different LCD resolutions, would I be able to use the same photos folder on my Windows PC to sync with both of these iPods, or do I have to keep two copies of the all photos on different folders to sync with individual iPods?

- Simon

A: iTunes will handle all resolution concerns between the two iPods, sizing the photos appropriately for each iPod’s screen. You needn’t worry at all! Simply point both iPods to the same photos folder, containing your original, full-resolution photos, and let iTunes do all the work.

The most asked question at iLounge.com:

How do I copy content from my iPod/iPhone onto my computer?

Converting DVDs, web video, TV shows and more:

The Complete Guide to iPod, Apple TV and iPhone Video Formats

Converting DVDs, web video, TV shows and more:

The Complete Guide to iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Video Conversion (Mac)

Converting DVDs, web video, TV shows and more:

The Complete Guide to iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Video Conversion (Win)

Best Speakers?

Best Headphones?

Best Case?

Best In-Car Solution?

Best Battery Extender?

Find more answers in the latest publications in our Library. Free downloads developed by the editors of iLounge!

Ask iLounge Archives:

1-24-14: Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks

1-22-14: Splitting purchased content between two iPads

12-13-13: Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers

12-11-13: Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone

12-6-13: Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac

Read more recent Ask iLounge articles...

View the complete Ask iLounge archives...

« Manual voice memo transfer to PC

Wireless headphones for iPod 5G and nano »

Comments

“... they’re likely on their way, for sure”?

You just said that to annoy me, right?

—David

Posted by orgel in Falls Church, VA on December 22, 2005 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

Well,i am kind of new at this because i just got my nano iPod 2 days ago and i was wondering how do i download songs from here to my iPod?

—Brianna

Posted by Kawaii Angel on December 26, 2005 at 1:50 PM (PDT)

Hey allmighty iPod Gods, I have a question. I know they don’t have an adapter to connect the iPod to the PSP yet, but if they make one, would the PSP pick it up as extra space and be able to play movies and songs from the ipod onto the PSP?
Or would Apple and Sony have to agree to make software and hardware to have these two epic devices work together to make one great entertainment system?

Posted by zjbird on December 27, 2005 at 5:24 PM (PDT)

I inadvertently deleted everything on my (3RD GEN) ipod. I’m not sure quite how I did it, it must have restored somehow.  Does anyone know of a recovery method since I do not have this music backed up on my computer.

Posted by BFEIII on December 27, 2005 at 8:59 PM (PDT)

Before re-formatting my laptop, I consolidated my itunes library creating the .xml file. Now I need to know how to get my library back after insalling the new OS and installing itunes again.

Posted by mcray on December 27, 2005 at 9:04 PM (PDT)

whats consolidate?

Posted by emercado15 on December 28, 2005 at 7:39 PM (PDT)

never mind

Posted by emercado15 on December 28, 2005 at 7:40 PM (PDT)

“While the iPod can sort via any field in an ascending sense (via the built-in “Music? sub-menus) ...”

I have a 5G 60GB iPod, and the field I most want to sort by is Grouping, but it’s not on the Music sub-menu on my iPod. Any way to add it, or some trick to get the same effect?

Posted by Stan Brown on January 5, 2006 at 1:52 PM (PDT)

Responding to my own question grin I guess I can create a smart playlist in iTunes with size>0 sorted by Grouping.

But out of curiosity, is there a way to add other sorts such as Grouping to the iPod 5G Music sub-menu?

Posted by Stan Brown on January 5, 2006 at 1:54 PM (PDT)

Im having trouble with My ipod nano [2GB],
the songs are updating into my library but not going onto my ipod itself?

and i only have have 175 songs on it.

Posted by Dominique Dolly on May 31, 2006 at 2:00 PM (PDT)