The Colors of the 2009 Third-Generation iPod shuffle, Compared in Photos
We’re not fans of the third-generation iPod shuffle, but we know that some of our readers like, tolerate, or find it interesting anyway. For those of you who might be wondering how Apple’s new, late 2009 colored iPod shuffles look by comparison with its earlier “nanochromatic” iPod nano models, we’ve taken some comparison photos to help you get an early idea.
There’s a very obvious difference between the strong, saturated blue of the fourth-generation iPod nano and the faded tone of the third-generation iPod shuffle.
On the left of our “silver” photo is the shuffle released earlier in 2009. Under the lighting at Apple’s event, it was hard to be sure whether or not there was a difference between the two units; at one point, the newer shuffle looked a little more dull, but we thought it could just be differences in their angles.
The pink iPod shuffle is a more faded, rose-like color reminiscent of earlier iPod minis.
The green model looks similar in this photograph, but in person, the tones are definitely different, with the shuffle possessing a slightly more yellowish tone.
Apple’s $99 Special Edition iPod shuffle just swaps chrome-polished stainless steel for the prior anodized aluminum. It’s a fingerprint magnet, but otherwise physically identical to the other iPod shuffles. It’s shown in the last three pictures here.
Internally, the new iPod shuffles are said to be the same as their predecessors. We’ll let you know if we find any differences in our testing.
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s 2013 iPad, Air + mini Lineup
- CE Week 2013: The iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac Show Report
- iLounge’s 2013 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone + iPod Gear
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s iPad mini + iPad (4th-Gen)
- Ten Details You Didn’t Know About iPhone 5 + The 2012 iPods
- What’s New In iOS 6: iPad, iPhone + iPod touch Screenshots
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store