The Complete Guide to Earphones, Part 5: Cheat Sheets
Comprehensiveness has its price: more details demand more reading. So today, we’re closing out our Complete Guide to Earphones with this, a highly simplified summary page that will help you make a smart choice, faster. If you want more details, you’ll find them in the prior parts of this Guide:
Part 1: Why Are Earphones Important, and What Types Are Out There?
Part 2: General Pointers and Big-Picture Advice on Earphone Selection
Part 3: Key Factors in Smart Earphone Selection
Part 4: iLounge Editors’ Top Earphone Picks & Pointers
Our first summary is a Cheat Sheet, designed to help you quickly consider the key price brackets and factors worth knowing before you make an earphone purchase. We’ve highlighted good details in green, and bad ones in red. Additional details on each of the factors can be found in Part 3, with extra guidance in Part 2.
This next part is a blank form that you can print and fill out on your own to help you figure out what type of earphones best meet your needs. You can print it once just to help narrow your search, or use multiple blanks to evaluate different options you’re considering. We’ve included notes at the bottom to help you - don’t forget to rank Price, Sound, Comfort, Looks, and Durability based on your personal preferences before starting your research.
As always, iLounge’s editors have offered our own picks in numerous reviews, our 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide, available as a free download here, and in Part 4 of this Complete Guide to Earphones. We hope that you find this information useful and informative when making new earphone purchases!
- Quickly And Wisely Reducing Your iCloud Footprint
- The Complete Guide to Transferring your Content to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Dealing with iPad, iPhone, iPod & iTunes Problems
- The Complete Guide to FaceTime + iMessage: Setup, Use, and Troubleshooting
- Beginner’s Guide to Converting Videos for Apple TV + iOS
- The Complete Guide to Managing iTunes Videos
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone