The Complete Guide to Earphones, Part 5: Cheat Sheets
Comprehensiveness has its price: more details demand more reading. So today, we’re closing out our Complete Guide to Earphones with this, a highly simplified summary page that will help you make a smart choice, faster. If you want more details, you’ll find them in the prior parts of this Guide:
Part 1: Why Are Earphones Important, and What Types Are Out There?
Part 2: General Pointers and Big-Picture Advice on Earphone Selection
Part 3: Key Factors in Smart Earphone Selection
Part 4: iLounge Editors’ Top Earphone Picks & Pointers
Our first summary is a Cheat Sheet, designed to help you quickly consider the key price brackets and factors worth knowing before you make an earphone purchase. We’ve highlighted good details in green, and bad ones in red. Additional details on each of the factors can be found in Part 3, with extra guidance in Part 2.
This next part is a blank form that you can print and fill out on your own to help you figure out what type of earphones best meet your needs. You can print it once just to help narrow your search, or use multiple blanks to evaluate different options you’re considering. We’ve included notes at the bottom to help you - don’t forget to rank Price, Sound, Comfort, Looks, and Durability based on your personal preferences before starting your research.
As always, iLounge’s editors have offered our own picks in numerous reviews, our 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide, available as a free download here, and in Part 4 of this Complete Guide to Earphones. We hope that you find this information useful and informative when making new earphone purchases!
- Quickly And Wisely Reducing Your iCloud Footprint
- The Complete Guide to Transferring your Content to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Dealing with iPad, iPhone, iPod & iTunes Problems
- The Complete Guide to FaceTime + iMessage: Setup, Use, and Troubleshooting
- Beginner’s Guide to Converting Videos for Apple TV + iOS
- The Complete Guide to Managing iTunes Videos
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac