The Complete Guide to Earphones, Part 5: Cheat Sheets
Comprehensiveness has its price: more details demand more reading. So today, we’re closing out our Complete Guide to Earphones with this, a highly simplified summary page that will help you make a smart choice, faster. If you want more details, you’ll find them in the prior parts of this Guide:
Part 1: Why Are Earphones Important, and What Types Are Out There?
Part 2: General Pointers and Big-Picture Advice on Earphone Selection
Part 3: Key Factors in Smart Earphone Selection
Part 4: iLounge Editors’ Top Earphone Picks & Pointers
Our first summary is a Cheat Sheet, designed to help you quickly consider the key price brackets and factors worth knowing before you make an earphone purchase. We’ve highlighted good details in green, and bad ones in red. Additional details on each of the factors can be found in Part 3, with extra guidance in Part 2.
This next part is a blank form that you can print and fill out on your own to help you figure out what type of earphones best meet your needs. You can print it once just to help narrow your search, or use multiple blanks to evaluate different options you’re considering. We’ve included notes at the bottom to help you - don’t forget to rank Price, Sound, Comfort, Looks, and Durability based on your personal preferences before starting your research.
As always, iLounge’s editors have offered our own picks in numerous reviews, our 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide, available as a free download here, and in Part 4 of this Complete Guide to Earphones. We hope that you find this information useful and informative when making new earphone purchases!
- Quickly And Wisely Reducing Your iCloud Footprint
- The Complete Guide to Transferring your Content to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Dealing with iPad, iPhone, iPod & iTunes Problems
- The Complete Guide to FaceTime + iMessage: Setup, Use, and Troubleshooting
- Beginner’s Guide to Converting Videos for Apple TV + iOS
- The Complete Guide to Managing iTunes Videos
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?