Transferring YouTube videos to iPod
Ask iLounge offers readers the opportunity to get answers to their iPod-, iPhone-, iPad-, iTunes-, or Apple TV-related questions from a member of the iLounge editorial team. We'll answer several questions here each week, and of course, you can always get help with more immediate concerns from the iLounge Discussion Forums. Submit your questions for consideration using our Ask iLounge Submit Form. We reserve the right to edit questions for grammar, spelling, and length.
Q: I have been trying to find an EASY way of transferring YouTube videos to my iPod. I just can’t seem to find an easy way to do it. It doesn’t help that I am a complete computer novice! Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a simple step by step ‘idiot-proof’ guide as to how to do this?
A: In order to transfer YouTube videos to your iPod, you first need to download them from YouTube and then convert them to an iPod-ready format. Fortunately, there are several third-party tools that can do this for you in one step.
For a couple of options worth looking at, check out Tooble (http://tooble.tv) or TubeSock (http://stinkbot.com/Tubesock). Both of these are available for Mac and Windows and offer one-step conversion and importing of videos from YouTube directly into an iPod-ready format in your iTunes library. For Mac users, TubeTV (http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/tubetv) is also worth a look. Both Tooble and TubeTV are free while TubeSock sells for $15 with a limited trial available. Tooble also has a Tooble Pro version for $6 which offers additional options such as the ability to convert only the audio portion of a YouTube video and support for additional sites other than YouTube.
You can find some more information in the thread GUIDES TO: Converting Video for iPod - Mac & Window in the iLounge Discussion Forums.
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Apple releases first iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.0.1 developer betas
- Report: Apple considering acquisition of high-performance car maker McLaren (Update: and Lit Motors)
- Google brings Allo messaging app to iOS
- Apple working on fix for Lightning EarPods glitch
- DisplayMate says iPhone 7 has the ‘best performing mobile LCD display’
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps