Video podcasts on older iPods
Q: is it possible to get the audio extracted from video podcasts so I can play it on my video-incapable iPod Photo?
A: Sure! As video podcasts are unprotected video files, you’re free to do with them as you please. All that’s needed is a piece software capable of extracting the audio track of a video file into an iTunes-compatible format.
As this site deals with many users from both Windows and PC environments, we tend to recommend QuickTime Pro (Apple, $29.99). With this program, here’s how to extract the audio:
1) Drag a file out of iTunes onto your Desktop.
2) Open the file using QuickTime Pro.
3) Choose “Export…” from the “File” menu.
4) From the “Export” pull-down menu, select either “Sound to AIFF” or “Sound to Wave.”
5) Select a file name, and click “Save.”
Next, drag this newly-created audio file back into iTunes to add it to your library. If you’d like, you can then use iTunes’ built-in conversion features to create a smaller AAC or MP3 compressed audio file, so the podcast uses less disk space. Simply choose the format in iTunes’ Importing preferences, and right click on the file to select “Convert Selection to AAC.”
- Apple denies reported MVNO cellular service plans
- Australian cellular carrier Telstra offering Apple Music free for 12 months
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?