Welcome, new iPod and accessory owners!
Just received an iPod or a new iPod accessory? Looking for help picking iPod-related gear with your holiday gift certificates? Need some friendly advice from the world’s largest community of iPod and iTunes users? You’ve come to the right place.
Established in 2001 immediately after Apple announced the first iPod, iLounge is here to help you get the most out of your iPod, its accessories, and iTunes. Since the beginning, our staff has been dedicated to providing honest, impartial coverage of Apple’s portable media devices - we don’t sell iPod accessories or services, and focus our coverage on noteworthy products rather than forcing you to sift through pages of no-name junk.
Need iPod help? Start at the iLounge Library. We’ve created entirely free, downloadable guides to help you answer all of the biggest iPod questions, including The Free iPod Book 2.2 for all of your tutorial needs. Otherwise, the “Help!” bar at the top of the screen has all the links you’ll need. Simple, common questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions section. You can find answers to more recent iPod questions - and pose questions to our staff - in our weekly Ask iLounge column. Dozens of tutorials are available in our iPod 101 & 201 sections, and there’s even an iPod Storage Calculator if you want to figure out how best to store music on your new iPod.
Need accessory help? If you’re looking to accessorize your iPod with currently available products, start with our free, downloadable 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide. The best iPod accessories of the year are highlighted quickly and beautifully inside for your reference. Don’t mind hunting for the right option? Check out our ever-growing list of thousands of iPod accessory reviews, sorted neatly by category. Want to know what’s coming next year? We regularly publish the latest iPod accessory news from all across the industry. And a list of major vendors will help you find company contact information if you need sales assistance or customer service.
Want to meet other friendly people? Over 100,000 other iPod owners have joined the iLounge Forums, the world’s largest community of iPod fans. With well over 1 million posts, our Forums have answers to tens of thousands of questions, a place to talk about life outside the iPod, and much more.
Need music or other iPod-filling audio recommendations? In addition to our Free Music section and information on safe downloading, you can get music recommendations from the community, free live concert recordings, and podcast help here.
Enjoy your new iPod and accessories - we hope you find them as excellent and worthwhile as we have!
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?