Welcome, new iPod and accessory owners!
Just received an iPod or a new iPod accessory? Looking for help picking iPod-related gear with your holiday gift certificates? Need some friendly advice from the world’s largest community of iPod and iTunes users? You’ve come to the right place.
Established in 2001 immediately after Apple announced the first iPod, iLounge is here to help you get the most out of your iPod, its accessories, and iTunes. Since the beginning, our staff has been dedicated to providing honest, impartial coverage of Apple’s portable media devices - we don’t sell iPod accessories or services, and focus our coverage on noteworthy products rather than forcing you to sift through pages of no-name junk.
Need iPod help? Start at the iLounge Library. We’ve created entirely free, downloadable guides to help you answer all of the biggest iPod questions, including The Free iPod Book 2.2 for all of your tutorial needs. Otherwise, the “Help!” bar at the top of the screen has all the links you’ll need. Simple, common questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions section. You can find answers to more recent iPod questions - and pose questions to our staff - in our weekly Ask iLounge column. Dozens of tutorials are available in our iPod 101 & 201 sections, and there’s even an iPod Storage Calculator if you want to figure out how best to store music on your new iPod.
Need accessory help? If you’re looking to accessorize your iPod with currently available products, start with our free, downloadable 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide. The best iPod accessories of the year are highlighted quickly and beautifully inside for your reference. Don’t mind hunting for the right option? Check out our ever-growing list of thousands of iPod accessory reviews, sorted neatly by category. Want to know what’s coming next year? We regularly publish the latest iPod accessory news from all across the industry. And a list of major vendors will help you find company contact information if you need sales assistance or customer service.
Want to meet other friendly people? Over 100,000 other iPod owners have joined the iLounge Forums, the world’s largest community of iPod fans. With well over 1 million posts, our Forums have answers to tens of thousands of questions, a place to talk about life outside the iPod, and much more.
Need music or other iPod-filling audio recommendations? In addition to our Free Music section and information on safe downloading, you can get music recommendations from the community, free live concert recordings, and podcast help here.
Enjoy your new iPod and accessories - we hope you find them as excellent and worthwhile as we have!
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of Apple TV 5.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 6.1
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 11
- The Complete Guide to Transferring your Content to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- The Complete Guide to FaceTime + iMessage: Setup, Use, and Troubleshooting
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iBooks 3
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address