Welcome, new iPod and accessory owners!
Just received an iPod or a new iPod accessory? Looking for help picking iPod-related gear with your holiday gift certificates? Need some friendly advice from the world’s largest community of iPod and iTunes users? You’ve come to the right place.
Established in 2001 immediately after Apple announced the first iPod, iLounge is here to help you get the most out of your iPod, its accessories, and iTunes. Since the beginning, our staff has been dedicated to providing honest, impartial coverage of Apple’s portable media devices - we don’t sell iPod accessories or services, and focus our coverage on noteworthy products rather than forcing you to sift through pages of no-name junk.
Need iPod help? Start at the iLounge Library. We’ve created entirely free, downloadable guides to help you answer all of the biggest iPod questions, including The Free iPod Book 2.2 for all of your tutorial needs. Otherwise, the “Help!” bar at the top of the screen has all the links you’ll need. Simple, common questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions section. You can find answers to more recent iPod questions - and pose questions to our staff - in our weekly Ask iLounge column. Dozens of tutorials are available in our iPod 101 & 201 sections, and there’s even an iPod Storage Calculator if you want to figure out how best to store music on your new iPod.
Need accessory help? If you’re looking to accessorize your iPod with currently available products, start with our free, downloadable 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide. The best iPod accessories of the year are highlighted quickly and beautifully inside for your reference. Don’t mind hunting for the right option? Check out our ever-growing list of thousands of iPod accessory reviews, sorted neatly by category. Want to know what’s coming next year? We regularly publish the latest iPod accessory news from all across the industry. And a list of major vendors will help you find company contact information if you need sales assistance or customer service.
Want to meet other friendly people? Over 100,000 other iPod owners have joined the iLounge Forums, the world’s largest community of iPod fans. With well over 1 million posts, our Forums have answers to tens of thousands of questions, a place to talk about life outside the iPod, and much more.
Need music or other iPod-filling audio recommendations? In addition to our Free Music section and information on safe downloading, you can get music recommendations from the community, free live concert recordings, and podcast help here.
Enjoy your new iPod and accessories - we hope you find them as excellent and worthwhile as we have!
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?