Welcome, new iPod and accessory owners!
Just received an iPod or a new iPod accessory? Looking for help picking iPod-related gear with your holiday gift certificates? Need some friendly advice from the world’s largest community of iPod and iTunes users? You’ve come to the right place.
Established in 2001 immediately after Apple announced the first iPod, iLounge is here to help you get the most out of your iPod, its accessories, and iTunes. Since the beginning, our staff has been dedicated to providing honest, impartial coverage of Apple’s portable media devices - we don’t sell iPod accessories or services, and focus our coverage on noteworthy products rather than forcing you to sift through pages of no-name junk.
Need iPod help? Start at the iLounge Library. We’ve created entirely free, downloadable guides to help you answer all of the biggest iPod questions, including The Free iPod Book 2.2 for all of your tutorial needs. Otherwise, the “Help!” bar at the top of the screen has all the links you’ll need. Simple, common questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions section. You can find answers to more recent iPod questions - and pose questions to our staff - in our weekly Ask iLounge column. Dozens of tutorials are available in our iPod 101 & 201 sections, and there’s even an iPod Storage Calculator if you want to figure out how best to store music on your new iPod.
Need accessory help? If you’re looking to accessorize your iPod with currently available products, start with our free, downloadable 2007 iPod Buyers’ Guide. The best iPod accessories of the year are highlighted quickly and beautifully inside for your reference. Don’t mind hunting for the right option? Check out our ever-growing list of thousands of iPod accessory reviews, sorted neatly by category. Want to know what’s coming next year? We regularly publish the latest iPod accessory news from all across the industry. And a list of major vendors will help you find company contact information if you need sales assistance or customer service.
Want to meet other friendly people? Over 100,000 other iPod owners have joined the iLounge Forums, the world’s largest community of iPod fans. With well over 1 million posts, our Forums have answers to tens of thousands of questions, a place to talk about life outside the iPod, and much more.
Need music or other iPod-filling audio recommendations? In addition to our Free Music section and information on safe downloading, you can get music recommendations from the community, free live concert recordings, and podcast help here.
Enjoy your new iPod and accessories - we hope you find them as excellent and worthwhile as we have!
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?