A Few Words on Civility and Decency in Comments
Over the past half year or so, you might have noticed that our administrators have taken a different approach to moderating comments, and that there are consequently far fewer of the obnoxious trolls who once threatened to turn many of the reader conversations here into pointless flamewars.
At some point in 2009, the moderation philosophy shifted from what was once “anything goes” to a “sorry, but if you’re a jerk, you’re banned” attitude. Readership hasn’t suffered in any way as a consequence, and the vast majority of our readers have been able to enjoy a more relaxed, less snarky environment as a consequence. Now that the dead weight’s been cleared out, we’d like to re-invite everyone who might have been holding off on posting to do so—we and the rest of the iLounge community appreciates your insights and opinions.
Just be civil and decent. Disagreement and debate with your fellow readers is welcome, but our moderators will swing the ban stick if they see conversations devolve into name calling, personal attacks, or posting of falsehoods. The golden rule continues to apply here. And, once again, if you have issues with an article, contact an editor directly through e-mail - news (at) ilounge (dot) com for news articles, or me [jeremy (at) ilounge] for anything else. Thanks!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0