A List of “2"s That Could Be Inside iPad 2
Apple’s marketing team builds campaigns around simple themes. “I’m a Mac / I’m a PC.” The iPod silhouette dancers. iPhones making everything easy. iPads doing lots of different things well. So the big “2” on the March 2 invite could be a broad hint as to what the company’s thinking for the second-generation iPad’s marketing plan: strongly message the “this is a true iPad sequel” theme, referencing all the “2” elements inside the device.
Here’s a list of some of the possible 2’s. Which do you think will make it into the new iPad?
(1) A dual-core processor.
(2) A graphics chip with twice the power of the last iPad GPU.
(3) Twice the RAM.
(4) Twice the storage capacity.
(5) Twice the speaker power.
(6) Two cameras.
(7) Twice the screen resolution.
(8) Twice the screen visibility outdoors/brightness.
(9) Two types of supported cellular networking options—CDMA and GSM.
(10) Two completely different iPads—an iPad and an iPad mini, for example—or two different colors (white/black) of one model.
We’d love to hear your guesses on each of these. They’re not all going to happen, but we’d bet heavily on at least six of them.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- Analyst claims wireless charging will be included in ‘iPhone 8,’ but rules out Energous as provider
- Apple claims EU made ‘fundamental errors’ in calculating $14B Irish tax ruling
- Analyst: ‘iPhone 8’ to feature ‘revolutionary’ front-facing camera with 3D sensors
- Apple releases third betas for iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2, and watchOS 3.2 to developers
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10