A List of “2"s That Could Be Inside iPad 2
Published: Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Apple’s marketing team builds campaigns around simple themes. “I’m a Mac / I’m a PC.” The iPod silhouette dancers. iPhones making everything easy. iPads doing lots of different things well. So the big “2” on the March 2 invite could be a broad hint as to what the company’s thinking for the second-generation iPad’s marketing plan: strongly message the “this is a true iPad sequel” theme, referencing all the “2” elements inside the device.
Here’s a list of some of the possible 2’s. Which do you think will make it into the new iPad?
(1) A dual-core processor.
(2) A graphics chip with twice the power of the last iPad GPU.
(3) Twice the RAM.
(4) Twice the storage capacity.
(5) Twice the speaker power.
(6) Two cameras.
(7) Twice the screen resolution.
(8) Twice the screen visibility outdoors/brightness.
(9) Two types of supported cellular networking options—CDMA and GSM.
(10) Two completely different iPads—an iPad and an iPad mini, for example—or two different colors (white/black) of one model.
We’d love to hear your guesses on each of these. They’re not all going to happen, but we’d bet heavily on at least six of them.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore