A White Christmas? Our Editors’ Photos [Updated x2]
‘Twas the day before Christmas, and all through my house, creatures seemed to be stirring… especially our dogs, who are hunting for a fox that showed up over the weekend in our backyard… But I digress.
Having spent a substantial portion of my life living on the East Coast before my six-year stretch in Southern California, there were always two things we could count on in December: talk of whether there would be a “white Christmas” this year, and then, inevitably, at least a little snow on the 25th. For obvious reasons, this sort of talk stopped when I was living in Orange County, and started up again with last week’s relocation. Yesterday, the temperature here in Western New York was in the 50s. There was rain, and what snow remained on the ground was melting at a rapid pace. A small creek developed in our backyard. A fox showed up. The dogs were confused.
What you see above is the scene this morning. Snow started to fall in the evening, before the ground temperature dropped to freezing, and then started to stick when temperatures fell lower. The forecast today is for a high of 32 degrees Fahrenheit—just enough to keep the snow around—but on Tuesday, it goes up to 36, and then into the 40s for the rest of the week. I’m thinking there will be a white Christmas day, at least around here, as appears to also be the case in the Midwest. But what about where other iLounge editors and readers live?
Above is the scene from Jesse Hollington’s place in Toronto, Canada this morning. Just as here, Jesse says that it was pouring rain yesterday, and that the more urban areas look muddy and slushy.
Bob Levens sends us this shot from High Newton, Cumbria in the United Kingdom. He says it’s a “horrible wet day” there, and “very un-Christmassy.” “Does it ever snow there on Christmas?” I asked Bob. “Yes, usually when I am not here, though!”
Dennis Lloyd describes Irvine, California as “bright and sunny in SoCal” today. This isn’t a surprise. Nice spa, though.
If you have a photo to share, use Flickr or a similar service and post a link to it in the comments below.
From all of us at iLounge to all of you, wherever you may be, we hope you’re enjoying the holiday break, and that the season brings you the joy (and toys) you deserve!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple partners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Report about Apple Pay in Japan hints at Oct. 25 release for iOS 10.1
- Apple Pay adds 20+ new U.S. banks and credit unions, MBNA Canada coming ‘mid-2017’
- Misfit launches Phase smartwatch
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps