A White Christmas? Our Editors’ Photos [Updated x2]
Published: Monday, December 24, 2007
‘Twas the day before Christmas, and all through my house, creatures seemed to be stirring… especially our dogs, who are hunting for a fox that showed up over the weekend in our backyard… But I digress.
Having spent a substantial portion of my life living on the East Coast before my six-year stretch in Southern California, there were always two things we could count on in December: talk of whether there would be a “white Christmas” this year, and then, inevitably, at least a little snow on the 25th. For obvious reasons, this sort of talk stopped when I was living in Orange County, and started up again with last week’s relocation. Yesterday, the temperature here in Western New York was in the 50s. There was rain, and what snow remained on the ground was melting at a rapid pace. A small creek developed in our backyard. A fox showed up. The dogs were confused.
What you see above is the scene this morning. Snow started to fall in the evening, before the ground temperature dropped to freezing, and then started to stick when temperatures fell lower. The forecast today is for a high of 32 degrees Fahrenheit—just enough to keep the snow around—but on Tuesday, it goes up to 36, and then into the 40s for the rest of the week. I’m thinking there will be a white Christmas day, at least around here, as appears to also be the case in the Midwest. But what about where other iLounge editors and readers live?
Above is the scene from Jesse Hollington’s place in Toronto, Canada this morning. Just as here, Jesse says that it was pouring rain yesterday, and that the more urban areas look muddy and slushy.
Bob Levens sends us this shot from High Newton, Cumbria in the United Kingdom. He says it’s a “horrible wet day” there, and “very un-Christmassy.” “Does it ever snow there on Christmas?” I asked Bob. “Yes, usually when I am not here, though!”
Dennis Lloyd describes Irvine, California as “bright and sunny in SoCal” today. This isn’t a surprise. Nice spa, though.
If you have a photo to share, use Flickr or a similar service and post a link to it in the comments below.
From all of us at iLounge to all of you, wherever you may be, we hope you’re enjoying the holiday break, and that the season brings you the joy (and toys) you deserve!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac