A White Christmas? Our Editors’ Photos [Updated x2]
‘Twas the day before Christmas, and all through my house, creatures seemed to be stirring… especially our dogs, who are hunting for a fox that showed up over the weekend in our backyard… But I digress.
Having spent a substantial portion of my life living on the East Coast before my six-year stretch in Southern California, there were always two things we could count on in December: talk of whether there would be a “white Christmas” this year, and then, inevitably, at least a little snow on the 25th. For obvious reasons, this sort of talk stopped when I was living in Orange County, and started up again with last week’s relocation. Yesterday, the temperature here in Western New York was in the 50s. There was rain, and what snow remained on the ground was melting at a rapid pace. A small creek developed in our backyard. A fox showed up. The dogs were confused.
What you see above is the scene this morning. Snow started to fall in the evening, before the ground temperature dropped to freezing, and then started to stick when temperatures fell lower. The forecast today is for a high of 32 degrees Fahrenheit—just enough to keep the snow around—but on Tuesday, it goes up to 36, and then into the 40s for the rest of the week. I’m thinking there will be a white Christmas day, at least around here, as appears to also be the case in the Midwest. But what about where other iLounge editors and readers live?
Above is the scene from Jesse Hollington’s place in Toronto, Canada this morning. Just as here, Jesse says that it was pouring rain yesterday, and that the more urban areas look muddy and slushy.
Bob Levens sends us this shot from High Newton, Cumbria in the United Kingdom. He says it’s a “horrible wet day” there, and “very un-Christmassy.” “Does it ever snow there on Christmas?” I asked Bob. “Yes, usually when I am not here, though!”
Dennis Lloyd describes Irvine, California as “bright and sunny in SoCal” today. This isn’t a surprise. Nice spa, though.
If you have a photo to share, use Flickr or a similar service and post a link to it in the comments below.
From all of us at iLounge to all of you, wherever you may be, we hope you’re enjoying the holiday break, and that the season brings you the joy (and toys) you deserve!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0