A White Christmas? Our Editors’ Photos [Updated x2]
‘Twas the day before Christmas, and all through my house, creatures seemed to be stirring… especially our dogs, who are hunting for a fox that showed up over the weekend in our backyard… But I digress.
Having spent a substantial portion of my life living on the East Coast before my six-year stretch in Southern California, there were always two things we could count on in December: talk of whether there would be a “white Christmas” this year, and then, inevitably, at least a little snow on the 25th. For obvious reasons, this sort of talk stopped when I was living in Orange County, and started up again with last week’s relocation. Yesterday, the temperature here in Western New York was in the 50s. There was rain, and what snow remained on the ground was melting at a rapid pace. A small creek developed in our backyard. A fox showed up. The dogs were confused.
What you see above is the scene this morning. Snow started to fall in the evening, before the ground temperature dropped to freezing, and then started to stick when temperatures fell lower. The forecast today is for a high of 32 degrees Fahrenheit—just enough to keep the snow around—but on Tuesday, it goes up to 36, and then into the 40s for the rest of the week. I’m thinking there will be a white Christmas day, at least around here, as appears to also be the case in the Midwest. But what about where other iLounge editors and readers live?
Above is the scene from Jesse Hollington’s place in Toronto, Canada this morning. Just as here, Jesse says that it was pouring rain yesterday, and that the more urban areas look muddy and slushy.
Bob Levens sends us this shot from High Newton, Cumbria in the United Kingdom. He says it’s a “horrible wet day” there, and “very un-Christmassy.” “Does it ever snow there on Christmas?” I asked Bob. “Yes, usually when I am not here, though!”
Dennis Lloyd describes Irvine, California as “bright and sunny in SoCal” today. This isn’t a surprise. Nice spa, though.
If you have a photo to share, use Flickr or a similar service and post a link to it in the comments below.
From all of us at iLounge to all of you, wherever you may be, we hope you’re enjoying the holiday break, and that the season brings you the joy (and toys) you deserve!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?