An Open Letter to Jon Bon Jovi On What’s Really “Killing The Music Business” | iLounge Backstage

Backstage

An Open Letter to Jon Bon Jovi On What’s Really “Killing The Music Business”

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Monday, March 14, 2011
Backstage Categories:

Hi Jon,

When my wife—a huge and long-time Bon Jovi fan—asked me to spend over $300 for two floor seat tickets to your Valentine’s Day show in Toronto, there were two reasons that I said yes. First, I really love my wife, and would do almost anything for her. Second, I looked through my iTunes collection and realized that there were more good Bon Jovi songs inside than there were for most of the musicians I “love.” Once my wife assured me that your concerts focus mostly on the songs I liked, I plunked down the cash for the seats, and spent the next four months watching my wife smile every time we discussed Valentine’s Day.

To be totally honest with you, the concert was great. We both had a lot of fun, snapped pictures and video clips from the floor, and told our friends and family how much we enjoyed it.

image

But now you’re putting our happy memories in jeopardy. For whatever reason, you told The Sunday Times Magazine during an interview that “Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business.” I’m not going to try and tell you all of the ways that you’re deeply, profoundly wrong. Instead, I’m just going to focus on a few of them.

(1) My wife has carried around all of your albums (and many more) on Steve Jobs’ Apple devices since she bought her first iPod years ago. I know from personal experience that she taps into your collection at home, in the car, and on vacations—literally at the drop of a hat, whenever she wants. If she hadn’t, I would have forgotten about your band back in the 1980’s. No CD player or radio station would have changed that, I can guarantee you.

(2) When we got married, her music collection became mine and vice-versa. It’s because of her collection of Bon Jovi music—and her constant access to it on Apple’s devices—that I could look at my iTunes library and realize how many of your songs I liked.

(3) We attended your concert in Toronto a month ago. Photos from that concert were uploaded to Facebook using our iPhones, and from my digital camera using a Mac. And when I was testing the iPad 2, guess what I used as examples to show off how the new version of iMovie can edit videos from digital cameras? Sample concert footage. And it looked pretty great, too.

image

Jon, you lead the world’s top-earning touring band, which made $146.5 million on its last tour alone. If the music business is being killed, you’re still doing exceptionally well, so it’s hard to understand why you’d be complaining about anything right now. But let me take a guess or two.

In the interview, you seem to be upset that kids no longer buy an entire album based on the cover, and suggest that people would be better off not knowing what it sounds like before they make a purchase. I’m sorry, but that’s just crazy. Yes, Apple lets people buy singles rather than entire albums. It also lets people preview tracks before buying albums, and recently extended those previews to 90 seconds per song. This way, potential customers can be sure they’re getting what they want before hitting the buy button—a good idea because those of us who aren’t making tens of millions of dollars a year don’t want to buy bad songs, or worse yet, entire albums full of junk. Singles and previewing let us pick out the tracks we like, rather than having to pay for filler. And there’s a lot of filler in the music business these days.

image
Taken on an iPhone 4

During the concert in Toronto, and presumably many others you’ve performed over the years, the audience clearly wanted to hear your hits. Crowd noise dimmed significantly every time you said you were going to play “new stuff,” but the energy level went through the roof whenever a classic track started to play. As an aging rock star—granted, one who puts on a hell of a show—you must hate that each stadium full of people just wants to hear the songs you put out 20 years ago. You surely want to point fingers at the system that distributes your music, the way people consume music these days, other performers, and anything other than the music itself for not catching on. At one point in the concert, you knocked Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and seemingly Madonna and Justin Timberlake for not being real musicians. As talented as you may be, it’s obvious that you’re angry about popular music for some reason.

You shouldn’t be. If you don’t realize it already, iTunes, the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Mac have given you a platform that would have been inconceivable when you were a kid. You constantly live in your fans’ pockets, on their computers, and inside their cameras. That attachment leads them, and in some cases their spouses, to keep listening to you, watching you, and paying you for more. The more good music you make, the more Apple has empowered you to make money on it in some way, and to spread the word to others. Like me. Like the friends we reached on Facebook. And so on.

image

Steve Jobs isn’t the problem here. The music industry is the problem—too many bad songs are the problem. It’s the reason the audience doesn’t roar when you talk about playing a new track or two that were added for a re-release of your greatest hits. If your greatest hits were from the last three years, imagine how much money you’d be making on album sales even beyond your touring.

Speaking just for myself, the next Bon Jovi concert I’ll consider attending now will be one with a completely different set list of tracks that I like as much as the ones you released 20 years ago. All you have to do is start recording them, and I promise that my wife or I will purchase them. So will the rest of your fans. Until that happens, and other musicians start churning out great music by the album rather than the song, the industry’s going to be in trouble. And if it keeps blaming the system rather than itself, it will deserve its fate.

Best,

Jeremy

« Quick Timeline: Apple’s iOS Events, Or, Predicting When iOS 5 Will Hit

Quick Update on Early iPad 2 Case Compatibility »

Comments

While Jon may think the problem was with Steve Jobs, the real culprit is the music industry as a whole. I somewhat agree with Jeremy, however, not everything. At this time I would love to be able to get my wife tickets to the Orlando concert, May 15th, but because of prices, primarily Ticket Master, I can’t afford $300.00 per seat. Regardless, Apple as a whole, has nothing to do with how much money Bon Jovi has made. It’s the fans who listen and love the music that counts.

Posted by Robert Barnes on April 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM (PDT)

Posted by Jllarenas on April 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM (PDT)

I am glad we have something in the USA called freedom of speech. . . Let the man talk. He is entitled to his opinion. What he said in the article was, “Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it.”
“God, it was a magical, magical time,” he continues, “I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: ‘What happened?’          (End of quote) and you know, he is right. Those were great times, running to your local record shop and grabbing that album or 45. Sometimes you liked what you heard and other times you didn’t. . . but it was something that this generation will never know. . too bad, but there is nothing we can do about it. We are lucky we have successful 80s and earlier bands still around to remind of those times and while at a Bon Jovi concert you are reminded of times past and good new music and the prospect of good music yet to come. . . I love concerts, such as theirs, where they just perform. . . haven’t been disappointed yet. . . . and again, he is entitled to his opinion.

Posted by sara jane on April 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

Every decade had their magic. the magic of buying a single and playing it on your record player with your friends, that was magical too.

i personally will never want to go back to a decade of magic where i had to buy my music blindly, wasting hundred of dollars on chances to line his pockets. that may have been magical for him, but not for me.

Posted by Kevin Chen on April 6, 2011 at 6:52 AM (PDT)

#102 - “Jeremy, you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone who has posted their negative opinions, but can you all write, sing and perform like JBJ? Case closed.”

Does it really matter whether the rest of us can “write, sing, and perform like JBJ”?  Do you criticize movies, as well as the actors or directors of such, but have you ever written a script, directed a scene or acted in one?  We are all still entitled to our opinions, just like Bon Jovi is entitled to his, regardless whether we can “write, sing, and perform” like him.  It does not make our opinions any less valid.  Just because he is a successful musician does not mean we have to agree with everything he says, nor do we have to always like the music he puts out (In my case, I do happen to like a lot of his output).  Heck, Britney Spears was a successful musician, but I still think her music sucks, and I am still entitled to that opinion regardless of whether I make my own music or not.  You may or may not agree with it, but it is still perfectly valid.

This whole “just because you don’t perform music thus your opinion does not count” line of thinking is simply a straw-man and is a bunch of hooey.

Posted by SkiBumMSP on April 13, 2011 at 9:05 AM (PDT)

Ok, so it looks like JBJ is pulling the growling puppy act again (he’s way too adorable to take seriously when he’s angry).  But, I’m feeling argumentative right now, and a lot of people are defending Jobs here. I feel the need to inject my opinion because poor Jon is getting slammed and needs some backup.  I’m taking Jon’s side on this one, mostly because I think people are getting too caught up in his (maybe a little hasty) accusation and are misinterpreting what he is actually trying to say.

My understanding of his comment is that something managed to set him off on a rant about how the spiritual/emotional/classic (whatever you want to call it) side of the music listening experience is slipping away. I don’t think he’s making a comment about the music industry itself so much as the way the individual listener is being exposed to music.

And yes, granted, it’s HIS generation’s experience and while there are differences in how this was done before or after his time, I don’t think that’s what he’s getting at. So let’s just say the starting point of his argument is that he’s drawing from personal opinion of what is the “best” method of music listening. Fine. Technically you could say that anyone’s opinion of the ‘best’ way to listen to music is the right way. This means he’s simply trying to defend why people aren’t getting the experience they should be getting (whether or not he’s right or wrong about if his way is the best way) when listening to music.

I feel like he is making the same point I make when I rant and complain about how the film industry seems to be headed in the same direction. I’m more entitled to make this example because I’m a screenwriter and know next to nothing about the politics of the music industry.

But, I’m thinking that what Jon means about buying a record is very similar to the experience I loved as a kid of going into a video store, manually browsing the aisles and picking a horror movie based on how gory the cover was (extra bonus points for holographic covers.)

Then I watch it, accept the experience as good or bad depending on the movie, and enjoy the fact that I used my gut feeling to choose the film if it did happen to be worth watching. Just the experience of physically being in the store with other movie lovers and enjoying the process of deciding which film to choose is liberating. Nowadays I can’t even find a video store that isn’t abandoned. And sadly, movie theaters seem to be headed for the same kind of downfall.

My favorite part of seeing a movie is sitting in a theater full of people and somehow finding a way through the message of a film to emotionally connect with a crowd full of strangers. In these moments we are one, everyone is in harmony and feeling at least a variant of the same emotion. It’s downright magical.

But, with the newer options of watching movies at home faster, for a far cheaper price and above all, in a more convenient way than getting off your ### to drive to a theater, people are less willing to spend the time and money. This convenience of not having to get off the couch is more tempting than the true movie theater experience.

Theoretically, if I had to choose an outlet for blame like Jon did I could say Netflix or companies like it are the cause of the problem. But, that’s just blaming the products bought about by the underlying issue. The real problem lies in people themselves. Humans like being lazy, we like having things handed to us and most of all we like convenience. Netflix is convenient. Itunes is convenient.

So, JBJ misses the good old days when he went to a record store, actually held the damn thing in his hands, and sat and listened to the whole album. What’s so wrong with that? Does Steve Jobs have something to do with that experience being ruined? Without a doubt. Is he the main cause? No, certainly not. But he certainly didn’t do anything to stop it, either. So, in a way you could say that Jon was right in calling out Jobs, but I think he’s just a part of the problem.

I don’t think Jobs set out to singlehandedly ruin the classic album listening experience. He just found a way to make money based on what people wanted—a more organized way to keep all their music in the same place. No doubt that Itunes is an incredibly useful and innovative tool. But, there is also more to the argument against it.

I think another point that Jon kind of skirts around in his statement is that listening to the whole album is needed, even if some of the songs aren’t so great. It sounds counter-intuitive (especially to your wallet), but really I think some albums are meant to be listened to in their entirety so that the overall message can come across.

If I read a chapter in a book that I don’t like, I don’t just stop reading the book because of it. Maybe that chapter has a reason for being there that I won’t realize until I finish the book. Then when I do finish the book and understand the complete message, maybe I’ll have a new understanding and appreciation for why that chapter was there, even if it isn’t a chapter I’ll go back and revisit for fun.

It isn’t about the individual songs. It’s about how they all fit into the shape of the album. I think what he means by “getting lost” in the album is getting into that sentiment that the musician is trying to share with you and relating it to your own life.

Honestly, I think if anyone deserves a right to say this, it’s Jon Bon Jovi. He knows a thing or two about the meaning of a song. Whether you like his music or not, you simply can’t deny that he sings with conviction, especially if you’ve seen him perform live. He gives great concerts because he’s so deep in the moment that he drags the crowd in with him. There is no doubt in my mind that he doesn’t wholeheartedly believe in every single lyric that comes out of his mouth. And that’s something that a lot of today’s ‘popular’ music is missing, songs that are written and sung from the heart.

And because he has this obvious and sincere love for his craft, yes, I think he honestly is trying to defend the audience, the listener, the kid in today’s generation that won’t ever know the full experience of what getting immersed in a record could be. Why should they? They don’t realize what they’re missing out on and it’s so easy to set Itunes to shuffle and not listen to one artist long enough to understand what they’re trying to say, which should be the very reason they are singing songs, because they are trying to say something!

Sure, Bon Jovi is still on Itunes. Yes, it seems a little hypocritical. But, I think even if he hates the way things are happening through Itunes, he’s certainly not stupid enough to cut off a path for people to access his music. He’s not going to cut off of a source of income for pride. He’s not stupid. Outspoken, yes, but not stupid.

At least, based on the little you can gather about a person from watching interviews and not actually knowing them personally, this is what I think.

I have a ridiculous amount of respect for him as a talented musician, a generous philanthropist and humanitarian, and overall as an ambitious, determined and creative human being who had a goal in mind and clawed his way to the top to get it. He seems like a good guy to me. At the very least, I think he’s done enough good in this world to be exempt from being written off because of one statement.

The last thing I want to point out is that I and a lot of other people could be completely wrong about a lot of things here because this argument is based off the written version of what he said. It’s possible to interpret something spoken out loud as one thing and something written down as a different thing completely.

For all we know he could have been laughing and jokingly had blamed Jobs. He might have just been over exaggerating or looking for a name to attach to his opinion to make his point clearer to the interviewer. He could have just been being sarcastic. The only way to really know is to see the video or hear the audio of the interview.

Maybe I’m just dead wrong and if he read this he would completely disagree with me. But, to the best of my ability I have made an argument based off of an interpretation. I’m not trying to start a fight. I’m just trying to make people think. Nothing is ever cut and dry when it comes to human beings. We’re complicated creatures, and this includes Jon Bon Jovi. I’m sure he has his reasons for saying what he said, and I’m sure he doesn’t have evil intentions to bring down Apple.

If I had to guess, I’d say he just wishes things could be as simple as they were back in his day, when it seemed to him like people actually appreciated music more for the messages it can carry. He just didn’t articulate that point very well.

Don’t worry Jon, if I’m right in thinking I understand what you’re saying then I got your back. ☺ And please, sweetheart, for the love of God, if you really are that angry, don’t cause yourself to have a heart attack or something. I ‘d prefer to have you around for a while longer. I quite enjoy your music and am looking forward to the new stuff. (Ok yeah, so I know he’ll never see this, but it’s still fun to pretend he will.)

Yeah…so that’s it then.

Posted by Ashley on April 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM (PDT)

Excellent article! Time to rethink your views, dear Jon.

Posted by rayvanp on April 20, 2011 at 4:09 AM (PDT)

I almost never post comments, but I couldn’t pass this one up.  I spend as much money now on ITunes as I ever did on albums or cd’s, the only difference is I get to pick the songs I want rather than having them chosen for me.  Bottom line…if you put out good songs you will sell them.

The music business today basically sucks.  The songs suck, the singers suck, the music is fake and now even the voices can be fake.  So do these people deserve to make money?  And, sorry Jon, in your day you made great music, some of it, for the time.  Some of it was garbage.  Do you believe you should be paid for the garbage?  And as for now, your music is only very average.  Sorry bud.

Truth be told, the music business is getting back just what it is putting in.  For me about 5%-10% of the music being produced today, if that, is worth paying for.  Thank Steve Jobs to high heaven for what he has done.  He has stopped the thievery that has gone on for so long.

Posted by Herb Myers on April 25, 2011 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

If you make good music people will buy it.

If you don`t they won`t!!

Posted by Leo van der Meer on May 27, 2011 at 1:14 PM (PDT)

Dear Jon Bon Jovi, you never came to Adelaide last year
on your Australian tour, yet you came to Adelaide for
the final grand prix there.
I was offered platinum tickets in WA all expenses paid by my son in law, however my husband had just undergone
a major operation & i was not prepared to leave him in hospital alone.
Will you ever come to Adelaide South Australia?

Posted by jacqueline cook on June 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM (PDT)

Yes Jeremy, you are an articulate writer and can reflect on your own personal experience well.  However, I have to disagree with the pigeon holing of only one band when so many have said it and continue to state this sentiment today.  The age of music has changed: fact.  Bon Jovi has been a leader in trying to embrace those advancements in technology within their own recordings and show sets while they are touring live, when relating to their fans and realeasing music.  Bon Jovi is relevant: fact.  They continue to release meaningful hit records regardless of their classic hits.  If you look at their catalogue, they have so many released hit songs that it would be impossible to please all fans at every show with a set list.  But note, that athey are one of the top touring bands of the deacde, not just this year.  I agree that Jon’s words may seem ungrateful, but looking at it from a business perspective, he has a valid point and is after working within the business for 25 years, he has seen more than you or I.  Musicians today get crucified enough for their dress, behavior and crazy antics; why shouldn’t Jon Bon Jovi be entitled to his opinion about the ever changing music industry?

Posted by Sandra on June 22, 2011 at 3:34 PM (PDT)

@JBJ is right
All I have to say is that you’re the only person I actually agree with on this site.

Posted by Anonymous on August 3, 2011 at 7:18 PM (PDT)

You Rock Jeremy, I love paid placements as much as the next guy. Rock On.

Peter.

Posted by Peter on August 19, 2011 at 6:30 AM (PDT)

With all respect for Bon Jovi, we didn’t get straight from Vinyl to iTunes… I think he should have make more of a point about the loudness war as most (if not all of his) CD’s suffer from it badly!

Posted by Daniël Christian Stuurman on August 22, 2011 at 1:17 PM (PDT)

I think this was very well written and agree to some extent that I too carry around Bon Jovi music on an MP3 player (not iPod) and would not have been able to do so years ago. I am a big fan of their music and went to see them at o2 London last year. I disagree about people not wanting to hear new stuff. I love The Circle and subsequent new songs like What Do You Got. Before the invention of mp3 and iPods we had to buy the cd and some songs may have not been as good as we hoped but that was the chance you took.  Personally I think the music business is being killed by “talent” reality TV shows making stars of people with limited ability, ie bands who copy others, mime to songs and are really undeserving of such a career. But that’s my opinion to which I’m entitled, as is Jon entitled to his. He should know. He’s been in the business long enough and had to work very hard to get where he is, so yes, he’s an aging rock star but looks bloody good for a man his age and deserves every penny he’s earnt.

Posted by Clare Davies on September 20, 2011 at 2:47 PM (PDT)

A well written blog. Thankyou! I would just like to add that with all the software, hardware, replicas, and studios in a box currently on the market, the music industry has well and truly passed the point of saturation.
Forget about downloading album tracks… these days the kids can create their own album made up of second hand loops and sound samples and rave to their friends about how talented they are. The only thing that will survive the entertainment revolution is real talent. You can’t buy that - yet!

Posted by firstime on January 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM (PDT)

the allman brother’s band, w/duane, at a movie theater for $3.50. just sayin’... i am still amazed at what i can put on an mp3; but vinyl still rules (as do tube amps). just sayin’... not a bon jovi fan, a little newbie for me, but he does a great deal of charitable good with his bucks…

Posted by charley on February 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM (PDT)

really, what i actually think is that Bon Jovi has not put out a remarkable song in the last 15 years. To say that today’s musicians are not “real” musicians is in my opinion correct, but it is quite hypocritical for him to say, since Bon Jovi is already starting to bend with the trend

Posted by Jordann Lee on June 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM (PDT)

Bon Jovi??? UGH…
I had to laugh that someone went out of his way to write an open letter to bon jovi regarding a comment about steve jobs. Oh boy how old people are getting out there…..jeez….

How about this….you want a REAL rock album?
Pick up the new Van Halen: A Different Kind Of truth!
It’s the first REAL album in quite sometime that gets better with every listen. That right there is amazing by itself because artists today just dont have much left in the think tank. And please dont get me started on whats popular, lol. NO THANKS
Van Halen will have the best hard rock comeback and album of the year come end of 2012. Mark my words….
So, let bon jovi go…his best days ended after New Jersey….

Posted by Lou (Ducky) DeFino on December 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

Growing up (I’m now 40), there were many a rock-star group which consistently released 1/2 albums worth of hits and 1/2 sort of misses…or so I thought and heard the first few times I gave them a chance around the turntable, tape deck or cd player. Even the biggest of names had lulls of excellence on the best of their albums. But they grew on you.  Take U2, The Police, Rush, Guns and Roses, I can go on:  All of these musicians put out the best of the best as well as some sub par songs to varying degrees (and depending how rabid of a fan you’ve become) in between the hits.  But tying these all together made for classic albums of all time.  My point is many times songs have to grow on you until you appreciate how amazing they are….not everything is written and sung to be a pop hit and liked by the first impression, however, that’s exactly how the 90 second attention span young listeners have been wired into discriminates on what they will purchase. Like it or dislike it, Steve Jobs (skip and fast forward) have killed the album.

Posted by Sal Monella on March 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM (PDT)

It doesn’t surprise me that Bon Jovi has this attitude because he’s always came off as a pretentious, egotistical douche. In fact, I’m uncertain which artist he’s speaking for. He has thousands of fans, has done better than most in terms of sales AND distribution, so who does he represent? He attacks newer AND older acts (Madonna), so it’s not just the new technology/music scene, or at least not if you follow his illogical ‘I forgot to take my crazy old man pills today’ rants.

Could it be he hasn’t written anything relevant to a group as large as the audiences at his peak?

And as for buying the whole album vs. a song argument,  did he suddenly forget about 45’s? I remember them, bought them and loved them. Buying a single song isn’t a ground breaking idea considering they’ve been around since 1949 (more than 20 years before Bon Jovi was even born).

Again, his argument doesn’t surprise me at all coming from him.

Posted by Chris on March 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

Hi there,

I am definately one of the younger fans - my love for Bon Jovi started 2 years ago when I was 17, and I love their music. I am a computer person and I know how to pirate. It’s easy, it’s free. But I would buy Bon Jovi’s latest album to support the band IF I LIKE THE SONGS ON IT!
The new songs aren’t too bad, but as pointed out in the article, are nothing to scream about.

I want the old band back. Come back guys!

Posted by Shane on May 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM (PDT)

I think the point here is Jon won’t have to worry too much longer. He can point his finger all he likes at people killing the music industry, but have you heard his last six albums?
He’s been ripping off his own themes for decades, can we point our finger at him for destroying his own legacy by releasing bland music? I sure hope so!

Posted by Sambora-is-king on May 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM (PDT)

I just have to say, I see the point in Jeremy’s post. If you look behind the scenes…Does Bon Jovi sell albums like he used to before Apple brought out the first iPod? Bon Jovi is a classic band - classic to buy discs in a store. I have downloaded some of his songs. THat’s if they dont have his album in stores - which most of my stores in my town are either sold out or don’t order him in anymore (With his older music). I buy his albums in store as much as I can. THEN I download it on to my computer.

Yes Apple exists and is cheaper version. If you look at it from a musicians point of view. You would see the reasons - less significance of making an album to put in stores if they can get it electronically now. He wants ALBUMS to go into stores, where you see the cover. I can am completely in agreement with him. The less times people buy the CD - That is why he is upset. NO ONE will buy the CDs he produces soon.

Well, he has right to comment on Justin Bieber, Justin took his fame to quickly and too seriously. Look at his behavior now? Drugs, booze, bashing papparazi. Jon never did that, and that is not ignorant for him to say Justin is a snob. Because all in all he is. His music may be good, but it won’t span generations like Jon’s has. It doesn’t have the potential of lasting many years or generations. Once the teenagers are not teenagers anymore they’ll move on.

Jon doesn’t take fame on his back, his job is his job. When he’s at work he uses the fame to his advantage, but when he’s not on tour he’s NOT on tour or working.

Even though Jon has billions of dollars, he gives back. MOST Musicians of this time hold onto their money buying flash cars and fancy homes - partying, drugs and so on. Jon Builds HOMES for people, and he has been doing it since 2004. He also has a restaurant open for the homeless and less fortunate. My lord, if you bash him for his pride and justice. Look deeper. He’s a fantastic musician with a big heart and not many look past it when he bashes ‘Dear lovely Justin Bieber’.

I’m 19, started liking him in 2010. Three years now. I fully support what he says. Because in all eyes from a musicians point of view - they’d want them to buy albums. The ones that has been around for 30 years.

Go Jon, you are doing great! I could go into detail, saying his classic music pulled me out of depression. But his new music will be just as classic as his old music. Because he doesn’t right sick love songs about his hearts broken. He writes about change and diversity or do you all just want him to write sappy songs like Justin and the rest do nowadays?

Posted by Alisha on June 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2