Welcome to iLounge Backstage! Every week, at least five new and interesting things happen behind the scenes at iLounge, and until today, we didn’t have a place on the main site to discuss them. This new section of iLounge is now that place. Dennis and I plan to use this space to talk about what we’re working on, testing, and thinking about, along with occasional asides on other issues that might interest us but not belong elsewhere on iLounge.
As an initial iLounge-related entry, we have six products currently undergoing testing for our reviews section. In the queue are two iPod accessories from Gadget Accessories, Tunewear’s new Icewear case for iPod mini, a new Sena fashion leather case (in two colors) for iPod mini, the new oPod by Otterbox for 3G iPods, and Speck’s new SkinTight Armband for iPod mini. We’re also expecting some potentially exciting new products from iSkin in the very near future, and considering the possibility of an updated roundup of third-generation iPod docks and stands… the only issue with which is that there aren’t many out there any more. The really cool ones that MacMice and other companies made have disappeared or been discontinued (see photo for an example). Have you seen one that you’ve liked? Is it still being sold someplace? If so, drop us a line and we’ll see what we can do about checking it out.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Logitech debuts Type+ Keyboard for iPad Air
- Upcoming iPad Air to have gold color option
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- Spigen Capsule, Neo Hybrid / EX / Metal + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch