Take A Sneak Peek At Our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide
Assembling our annual Buyers’ Guides is one of the most challenging things we do for our readers. Although each one requires a month or more of hard-core production time, they’re actually each 12 months in the making, the distillation of thousands of hours of hands-on testing, photography, and writing into a single download you can carry around anywhere. When we say something’s the “best,” you know that’s not a term we throw around loosely, so when an entire 224-page book is filled with the year’s best Apple products, you can imagine all of the discussion and debate our editors went through to get to that point.
Our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide is the latest and greatest product of that process — an easy-to-read summary of the top Apple devices, accessories, and apps we’ve covered over the past year. Which iPad, iPhone, or iPod is the best? Which is the worst? We pull no punches, reassessing each product family as of where it stands today. And we devote the same perspective and energy to helping you pick the best third-party add-ons and software for your devices.
Of course, it wouldn’t be an iLounge Buyers’ Guide without expanded versions of some of our unique research projects. Where else can you find a complete table of the current market values for every past iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV model, or a plain English glossary that explains every one of Apple’s marketing and technical buzzwords in one place? We’ve also included a quick preview of the 2014 iLounge Pavilion at CES, which has grown to over 127,000 square feet at the famous January 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Following our tradition, we’re soft-launching the 2014 Buyers’ Guide here first so that our most loyal readers can get their hands on it a little ahead of the crunch on our servers tomorrow. Choose from twin-page (iPad/computer) or single-page (iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) versions using the links below. Each version is a free PDF, which can be opened with iBooks on an iOS device, and most web browsers or Adobe Acrobat on computers. You can get a sense of how each version looks from the screenshots here; you will need to do some pinch-zooming to read text on the iPhone and iPod touch using the single-page version, but not as much as on the twin-page version, which resembles a magazine or book in layout.
Please tell a friend or two about the Guide — thanks to you, we’ve had millions of downloads for our past editions, and continue to offer each version for free to readers all over the world. Thanks for your support, and enjoy our latest Buyers’ Guide!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0