Backstage: Coming soon, for July 17 2004
Okay, okay, so we didn’t mention last week that we were about to unveil the first review anywhere of Apple’s new wireless AirPort Express base station with AirTunes. Sorry about that; we wanted the review to be a pleasant surprise. Hope you saw and enjoyed it.
Reviews of Sena’s case and the Otterbox oPod (water resistant, not water proof) case are both finished and ready to go live on the main site soon, as is a review of a new product that came in the door from DC Shoes and Incase, the “white camo” Sleeve. Fashion and “street wear” cases look to be the new big deal in iPod land these days, and to update a favorite trite fashion phrase, camouflage is the new black. We’ve been testing a new Gravis Footwear case called the G-Pod, which like the DC Shoes Sleeve just happens to match a camo backpack the company’s selling. And then there are a few new iPod cases that can be imprinted with your choice of graphics. We’ll discuss those on the main site next week.
Looks like Monday’s going to be a big day for iLounge main site updates, so park your browser there early and reload occasionally. (Yes, we’re working very hard on fixing the site’s current speed issues. Traffic has been overwhelming, and thank you all for your support.)
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?