Backstage: Coming soon, for July 17 2004
Okay, okay, so we didn’t mention last week that we were about to unveil the first review anywhere of Apple’s new wireless AirPort Express base station with AirTunes. Sorry about that; we wanted the review to be a pleasant surprise. Hope you saw and enjoyed it.
Reviews of Sena’s case and the Otterbox oPod (water resistant, not water proof) case are both finished and ready to go live on the main site soon, as is a review of a new product that came in the door from DC Shoes and Incase, the “white camo” Sleeve. Fashion and “street wear” cases look to be the new big deal in iPod land these days, and to update a favorite trite fashion phrase, camouflage is the new black. We’ve been testing a new Gravis Footwear case called the G-Pod, which like the DC Shoes Sleeve just happens to match a camo backpack the company’s selling. And then there are a few new iPod cases that can be imprinted with your choice of graphics. We’ll discuss those on the main site next week.
Looks like Monday’s going to be a big day for iLounge main site updates, so park your browser there early and reload occasionally. (Yes, we’re working very hard on fixing the site’s current speed issues. Traffic has been overwhelming, and thank you all for your support.)
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?