Backstage: Future Plans for the iPod 101 Series
As you have likely noticed, I’ve restarted weekly progress on our elementary-level introduction series to iTunes and the iPod— iPod 101. iPod 101 has thus far served as a guide to “Getting to Know iTunes’ Basic Features,” as we feel that using iTunes to it’s fullest is an essential part of enjoying the iPod/iTunes solution as a whole.
The series is going great. Over the past few months, we’ve covered nearly all of the basic aspects of iTunes: Importing CDs, Making Playlists (Manual & Smart), Burning CDs, Tagging Tracks and Adding Album Art, Printing CD Covers & Track Lists, and using Party Shuffle. The response we’ve received from you all has been very positive, and we’re glad that our readers new to the iPod (and those looking for new tips) are enjoying the series.
Enough summary… I’ll get to the point. Much like Jeremy has done below (help him, too!), I’d like to offer our preliminary plans for the future of the series to you, and hopefully get some feedback.
I have two more iPod 101 articles currently in the works: Adding WMA files to your iTunes Library and the iPod (for PC users only), and a tour of the iTunes Music Store. With the addition of these two articles, most newcomers will have experienced all of the essential components of what makes iTunes a fun one-stop-shop for digital music. However, the series will not end here.
After iPod 101, I’ll be handing out diplomas (ok, only kidding) as we continue to iPod 201, which will deal with more advanced iPod & iTunes topics. These will include (but not be limited to) items we see brought up in the forums frequently:
Methods of iPod Synchronization (Auto, Selected Playlists, Manual)
Relocating your iTunes Music Library
Using the iPod’s PDA features
Copying music from the iPod back to a computer
AppleScripts? eBooks? Audible content? Help us make this series what you want it to be!
As the series will be rapidly growing, we also hope to create a more friendly index page dedicated to iPod 101/201. It will be easily accessible to new readers, and easily to navigate through the series in order of increasing difficulty.
I’d like to now ask for your feedback on the series and suggestions for iPod 201 articles.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Logitech debuts Type+ Keyboard for iPad Air
- Upcoming iPad Air to have gold color option
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- Spigen Capsule, Neo Hybrid / EX / Metal + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch