Backstage: Future Plans for the iPod 101 Series
As you have likely noticed, I’ve restarted weekly progress on our elementary-level introduction series to iTunes and the iPod— iPod 101. iPod 101 has thus far served as a guide to “Getting to Know iTunes’ Basic Features,” as we feel that using iTunes to it’s fullest is an essential part of enjoying the iPod/iTunes solution as a whole.
The series is going great. Over the past few months, we’ve covered nearly all of the basic aspects of iTunes: Importing CDs, Making Playlists (Manual & Smart), Burning CDs, Tagging Tracks and Adding Album Art, Printing CD Covers & Track Lists, and using Party Shuffle. The response we’ve received from you all has been very positive, and we’re glad that our readers new to the iPod (and those looking for new tips) are enjoying the series.
Enough summary… I’ll get to the point. Much like Jeremy has done below (help him, too!), I’d like to offer our preliminary plans for the future of the series to you, and hopefully get some feedback.
I have two more iPod 101 articles currently in the works: Adding WMA files to your iTunes Library and the iPod (for PC users only), and a tour of the iTunes Music Store. With the addition of these two articles, most newcomers will have experienced all of the essential components of what makes iTunes a fun one-stop-shop for digital music. However, the series will not end here.
After iPod 101, I’ll be handing out diplomas (ok, only kidding) as we continue to iPod 201, which will deal with more advanced iPod & iTunes topics. These will include (but not be limited to) items we see brought up in the forums frequently:
Methods of iPod Synchronization (Auto, Selected Playlists, Manual)
Relocating your iTunes Music Library
Using the iPod’s PDA features
Copying music from the iPod back to a computer
AppleScripts? eBooks? Audible content? Help us make this series what you want it to be!
As the series will be rapidly growing, we also hope to create a more friendly index page dedicated to iPod 101/201. It will be easily accessible to new readers, and easily to navigate through the series in order of increasing difficulty.
I’d like to now ask for your feedback on the series and suggestions for iPod 201 articles.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?