Backstage: Mac mini Tower - the New Hotness
If a “gimme” were to be defined in the dictionary outside of its golfing connotation, it would be an invention so smart, yet so natural, that the first person to sell it would almost certainly make a million dollars. Plasticsmith’s new Mini Tower ($39.95) is a gimme: a clear acrylic Mac mini enclosure made for all 100 million people who lusted after Apple’s G4 Cube computer back in 2000, but were deterred by the price.
For a pittance, the Mini Tower makes the inexpensive Mac mini look plenty like the Cube, suspending it vertically above the surface of a table and turning its top and bottom Apple icons into left and right sides. The mini’s top surface is obviously nicer looking than the bottom, but neither is unattractive, and the acrylic adds a ton of gloss and class to the already beautiful Apple case. Four rubber feet hold the Mini Tower still and prevent its polished bottom from being scratched.
If the Mini Tower is any indication, Mac mini accessories are going to be incredibly cool. We’ve placed a bunch of additional shots of this little beauty in the Read More link below. And it looks even better in person.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014