Backstage: Me, my dog, and my didgeridoo (aka The Explanation)
Published: Tuesday, May 31, 2005
The two biggest challenges when you move from one home to another come from your big, inanimate objects and any sized animate objects that aren’t fully grown people. This much I learned over the course of this three-day holiday weekend, when I moved myself, my dog, and my didgeridoo from one place to another. Once you own big things, you need a truck and family, friends or hired labor to help you move them. Thankfully, Dennis volunteered his skills - making the move tremendously easier.
But there was still the issue of the dog. Keep him with me all the time? Leave him at one place or another? Check him in at some facility for a few days? I opted for something between the first two choices, and prayed that he wouldn’t freak out over the move. Amazingly, he didn’t. And after it was mostly finished, I even had one of those awesome dog moments: sitting next to me, he rested his head on my leg and fell asleep. From a Siberian Husky who seems to like being independent, that little gesture of trust and companionship felt like the greatest reward I’d ever received.
Things have changed a lot in my personal life over the last few months. I recently ended a stormy, bad relationship - hence the move, and my personally slowed-down pace of updates - and am ‘back on the market,’ so to speak. My new place is a major source of joy; quiet and just about the right size for my current needs, still in sunny Irvine, California, and filled with other dog lovers. In this environment, I’m officially almost back at full speed, and consequently there are major, major plans afoot. More on that soon. For now, I’m off to pretend I can play the didg again.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts