Backstage: Me, my dog, and my didgeridoo (aka The Explanation)
The two biggest challenges when you move from one home to another come from your big, inanimate objects and any sized animate objects that aren’t fully grown people. This much I learned over the course of this three-day holiday weekend, when I moved myself, my dog, and my didgeridoo from one place to another. Once you own big things, you need a truck and family, friends or hired labor to help you move them. Thankfully, Dennis volunteered his skills - making the move tremendously easier.
But there was still the issue of the dog. Keep him with me all the time? Leave him at one place or another? Check him in at some facility for a few days? I opted for something between the first two choices, and prayed that he wouldn’t freak out over the move. Amazingly, he didn’t. And after it was mostly finished, I even had one of those awesome dog moments: sitting next to me, he rested his head on my leg and fell asleep. From a Siberian Husky who seems to like being independent, that little gesture of trust and companionship felt like the greatest reward I’d ever received.
Things have changed a lot in my personal life over the last few months. I recently ended a stormy, bad relationship - hence the move, and my personally slowed-down pace of updates - and am ‘back on the market,’ so to speak. My new place is a major source of joy; quiet and just about the right size for my current needs, still in sunny Irvine, California, and filled with other dog lovers. In this environment, I’m officially almost back at full speed, and consequently there are major, major plans afoot. More on that soon. For now, I’m off to pretend I can play the didg again.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?