Backstage: Me, my dog, and my didgeridoo (aka The Explanation)
The two biggest challenges when you move from one home to another come from your big, inanimate objects and any sized animate objects that aren’t fully grown people. This much I learned over the course of this three-day holiday weekend, when I moved myself, my dog, and my didgeridoo from one place to another. Once you own big things, you need a truck and family, friends or hired labor to help you move them. Thankfully, Dennis volunteered his skills - making the move tremendously easier.
But there was still the issue of the dog. Keep him with me all the time? Leave him at one place or another? Check him in at some facility for a few days? I opted for something between the first two choices, and prayed that he wouldn’t freak out over the move. Amazingly, he didn’t. And after it was mostly finished, I even had one of those awesome dog moments: sitting next to me, he rested his head on my leg and fell asleep. From a Siberian Husky who seems to like being independent, that little gesture of trust and companionship felt like the greatest reward I’d ever received.
Things have changed a lot in my personal life over the last few months. I recently ended a stormy, bad relationship - hence the move, and my personally slowed-down pace of updates - and am ‘back on the market,’ so to speak. My new place is a major source of joy; quiet and just about the right size for my current needs, still in sunny Irvine, California, and filled with other dog lovers. In this environment, I’m officially almost back at full speed, and consequently there are major, major plans afoot. More on that soon. For now, I’m off to pretend I can play the didg again.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?