Backstage: New to the queue and seriously cool
Currently in the review queue are the following items, which are taking a back seat in priority to the recently announced iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004:
BTI’s iPod Auto/Air Charger. Haven’t played with it yet, but it looks like good news for people with iPod cases that don’t leave enough room for non-Apple Dock Connector plugs - it uses the official Apple part, rendering it totally compatible with 99% of the cases we’ve reviewed.
DLO’s new 4G Jam Jackets. Think Power Support’s Silicone Jackets plus integrated screen protection, minus Click Wheel protection, and plus a little bit of iSkin grip style on the sides and back. In decent colors, too. The Pro versions have detachable belt clips. And DLO’s Action Jacket, which is highly reminiscent of…
Marware’s full 4G lineup of neoprene and leather cases, which we have delayed reviewing for a bit too long. They’ll probably be amongst the earliest of the reviews to go up.
Reviews of iSkin’s new 4G eXo 2 and Incase’s new Leather Sleeves are done and ready to go up whenever Dennis has a free moment. And then there’s the preview version of the Buyers’ Guide… hmmmm…
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?