Backstage: The State of the Buyers’ Guide
The last couple of weeks have been very busy behind the scenes at iLounge, for reasons you probably understand if you’ve been following the Site News on the main page. Roughly 125% of my energy is going into the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004, and it is in seriously awesome shape right now. I wouldn’t say that if it wasn’t, and I haven’t wanted to say much on the subject until I could really see it for myself in tangible, concrete form.
At the moment, something over 60 pages of new iLounge material has been finished and/or laid out, with more to come over the next several days before we lock down the Guide editorially. I’d promise a specific number, but I want to leave it flexible given a few concerns we’re continuing to manage on this end. Suffice to say that the hard parts are officially behind us at this stage, and we feel confident that we’ll be delivering something excellent to you all for the holidays. We’ve been considering when and how to distribute an early sample to everyone, but that hasn’t been decided yet. If you guys have questions or requests, make them known soon and I’ll try my best to address them before we lock it down.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards