Backstage: The State of the Buyers’ Guide
The last couple of weeks have been very busy behind the scenes at iLounge, for reasons you probably understand if you’ve been following the Site News on the main page. Roughly 125% of my energy is going into the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004, and it is in seriously awesome shape right now. I wouldn’t say that if it wasn’t, and I haven’t wanted to say much on the subject until I could really see it for myself in tangible, concrete form.
At the moment, something over 60 pages of new iLounge material has been finished and/or laid out, with more to come over the next several days before we lock down the Guide editorially. I’d promise a specific number, but I want to leave it flexible given a few concerns we’re continuing to manage on this end. Suffice to say that the hard parts are officially behind us at this stage, and we feel confident that we’ll be delivering something excellent to you all for the holidays. We’ve been considering when and how to distribute an early sample to everyone, but that hasn’t been decided yet. If you guys have questions or requests, make them known soon and I’ll try my best to address them before we lock it down.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?