Exploring Int… Oh, Wait, Safari’s Hung Again
I will allow you, dear reader, to imagine what was going to be posted in today’s Backstage entry, “Exploring International iTunes Stores.”
You’ll have to imagine it, because this entry—focused on some of the interesting differences between Apple’s many iTunes Stores—was entirely lost due to what I’ll call “yet another Safari hang-crash.” During one of these crashes, Safari randomly locks up, putting a spinning beach ball on the screen and just sitting there until the program is forced to quit. An inspection of Activity Monitor doesn’t yield clues as to what’s wrong. Trying Flash Player upgrades to the latest version doesn’t seem to have helped. And having virtually nothing else running doesn’t seem to make things better, either.
As I have said before, I love my Macs. Love them. I buy extra ones for fun. But these crashes in Leopard, like the graphics glitches and external monitor issues shown above, are just killing me. I never thought I’d see the day when I would consider going back to a Windows PC, yet every one of these hangs, crashes, and bugs makes me think about it, if only for a moment. Is the solution a retrograde to Tiger? Or something else?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards