Heads Up: iLounge’s 2011 Buyers’ Guide Is Coming (Maybe Even a Little Early)
I’d like to take a moment to apologize to you, dear reader.
In past years, the process of working simultaneously on iLounge.com and our annual Buyers’ Guide was challenging, but manageable. As you might have gathered from my less frequent contributions, this year has been different. It would be very difficult to quantify the total amount of time and energy that have gone into our latest publication, which is the largest Buyers’ Guide that we have ever assembled. As I type these words, it is almost finished, with only a few small technical issues left to be cleaned up before we release it for download. Here’s a very quick look at what has consumed so much of our attention in recent days.
In the six years that we have published our Books and Buyers’ Guides, we have never missed (and occasionally beaten) our deadlines, even as the iPod, iPhone, and now iPad families have grown to include an ever-increasing number of different models, accessories, apps, and games. This year’s deadline was set in stone months ago: November 1, 2010. We are proud to say that we plan to have our new Guide in your hands a little earlier than that, so stay tuned to Backstage (or our RSS feed, Facebook, or Twitter accounts) for the announcement of availability later this weekend.
Thank you, sincerely, for your continued support and readership. As trite as it may sound, you are the reason we publish iLounge, and we can’t wait to share our latest work with you.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0