Heads Up: iLounge’s 2011 Buyers’ Guide Is Coming (Maybe Even a Little Early)
I’d like to take a moment to apologize to you, dear reader.
In past years, the process of working simultaneously on iLounge.com and our annual Buyers’ Guide was challenging, but manageable. As you might have gathered from my less frequent contributions, this year has been different. It would be very difficult to quantify the total amount of time and energy that have gone into our latest publication, which is the largest Buyers’ Guide that we have ever assembled. As I type these words, it is almost finished, with only a few small technical issues left to be cleaned up before we release it for download. Here’s a very quick look at what has consumed so much of our attention in recent days.
In the six years that we have published our Books and Buyers’ Guides, we have never missed (and occasionally beaten) our deadlines, even as the iPod, iPhone, and now iPad families have grown to include an ever-increasing number of different models, accessories, apps, and games. This year’s deadline was set in stone months ago: November 1, 2010. We are proud to say that we plan to have our new Guide in your hands a little earlier than that, so stay tuned to Backstage (or our RSS feed, Facebook, or Twitter accounts) for the announcement of availability later this weekend.
Thank you, sincerely, for your continued support and readership. As trite as it may sound, you are the reason we publish iLounge, and we can’t wait to share our latest work with you.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app