How iPod nanoshuffle Might Look
Just a really quick sketch for those who may still be having trouble visualizing what the new mini touchscreen iPod nano-shuffle-micro might look like.
Though the radiuses are pretty close here, the real thing’s surely going to be a little different. Expect less metal around the screen, the Dock Connector to be centered below the screen with the headphone port off to its right, and the top to have some nice iPhone 4-style buttons. We’re expecting a clip on back, coming from the right side of the chassis rather than the left like the second-generation shuffle, and like the third-generation shuffle, a little smaller than the rest of the iPod’s back surface. The aluminum will most likely wrap around the top and bottom of the device a la the iPhone 4 and third-generation iPod shuffle; the clip and part of the rear housing would come off for professional servicing purposes, but a plastic core is always a possibility.
One interesting issue: there’s no real room for a camera there. So what’s going to justify a nano-riffic price tag? Hmmmm. A squintable Retina Display? A two-finger multi-touch control system? Wi-Fi, with most of the setup work handled through iTunes since there’s no room for a real keyboard there? New and charmingly short dancing silhouettes? We’ll see tomorrow.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Logitech debuts Type+ Keyboard for iPad Air
- Upcoming iPad Air to have gold color option
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- Spigen Capsule, Neo Hybrid / EX / Metal + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch