How iPod nanoshuffle Might Look
Just a really quick sketch for those who may still be having trouble visualizing what the new mini touchscreen iPod nano-shuffle-micro might look like.
Though the radiuses are pretty close here, the real thing’s surely going to be a little different. Expect less metal around the screen, the Dock Connector to be centered below the screen with the headphone port off to its right, and the top to have some nice iPhone 4-style buttons. We’re expecting a clip on back, coming from the right side of the chassis rather than the left like the second-generation shuffle, and like the third-generation shuffle, a little smaller than the rest of the iPod’s back surface. The aluminum will most likely wrap around the top and bottom of the device a la the iPhone 4 and third-generation iPod shuffle; the clip and part of the rear housing would come off for professional servicing purposes, but a plastic core is always a possibility.
One interesting issue: there’s no real room for a camera there. So what’s going to justify a nano-riffic price tag? Hmmmm. A squintable Retina Display? A two-finger multi-touch control system? Wi-Fi, with most of the setup work handled through iTunes since there’s no room for a real keyboard there? New and charmingly short dancing silhouettes? We’ll see tomorrow.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels