If You Can See This, You Can Grab Our New iPad Buyers’ Guide
Keeping with tradition, we’re excited to offer Backstage readers a special early preview of our New iPad Buyers’ Guide —a quiet opportunity for you to grab the Guide before our servers get slammed tomorrow. (We’ve already had 1.9 million (!) downloads of last year’s iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide, and counting.) There’s an incredible wealth of information in the new 156-page Guide, including looks at the best iPad accessories and apps, as well as some of the best iDesign interviews we’ve ever conducted with developers, and much more.
Three versions are available for download—please choose the one that’s best for your needs. The top link leads to a single-page version that can be read on a portrait orientation iPad with ease, or a Retina Display iPhone/iPod touch with pinch zooming. In the middle is a landscape version with magazine-style spreads; this is the easiest to flip through, and can be read on PCs, Macs, and iPads—particularly the latest Retina Display iPads. Last is a lower-resolution, single-page version that’s easier for older iPhones and iPod touches to load. You can get a sense of what all of the versions look like above.
Take special note of pages 152 and 153—“Making the case for a standalone iSight Camera.” I’ll share more on this topic shortly, but for now, I’ll say that this two-page spread very nearly had a different title. We were tipped that this project is actually happening at Apple right now, but we didn’t feel confident enough in our source to call it a certainty; it’s therefore billed as speculation. Still, there’s enough smoke to make us think there’s a fire.
Enjoy The New iPad Buyers’ Guide. It’s the product of many, many long hours of work by the iLounge team, and we hope that it helps you choose some great new stuff for your iPad!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10