If You Can See This, You Can Grab Our New iPad Buyers’ Guide
Keeping with tradition, we’re excited to offer Backstage readers a special early preview of our New iPad Buyers’ Guide —a quiet opportunity for you to grab the Guide before our servers get slammed tomorrow. (We’ve already had 1.9 million (!) downloads of last year’s iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide, and counting.) There’s an incredible wealth of information in the new 156-page Guide, including looks at the best iPad accessories and apps, as well as some of the best iDesign interviews we’ve ever conducted with developers, and much more.
Three versions are available for download—please choose the one that’s best for your needs. The top link leads to a single-page version that can be read on a portrait orientation iPad with ease, or a Retina Display iPhone/iPod touch with pinch zooming. In the middle is a landscape version with magazine-style spreads; this is the easiest to flip through, and can be read on PCs, Macs, and iPads—particularly the latest Retina Display iPads. Last is a lower-resolution, single-page version that’s easier for older iPhones and iPod touches to load. You can get a sense of what all of the versions look like above.
Take special note of pages 152 and 153—“Making the case for a standalone iSight Camera.” I’ll share more on this topic shortly, but for now, I’ll say that this two-page spread very nearly had a different title. We were tipped that this project is actually happening at Apple right now, but we didn’t feel confident enough in our source to call it a certainty; it’s therefore billed as speculation. Still, there’s enough smoke to make us think there’s a fire.
Enjoy The New iPad Buyers’ Guide. It’s the product of many, many long hours of work by the iLounge team, and we hope that it helps you choose some great new stuff for your iPad!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0