iLounge’s 2011 iPod / iPhone / iPad Buyers’ Guide: The Soft Launch
As promised, we’re soft-launching the 2011 iPod / iPhone / iPad Buyers’ Guide a little early so that our loyal readers can get their hands on it before the official announcements go out, and our servers get swamped tomorrow.
There’s a lot of great new stuff to discover inside. In Sneak Peeks, you’ll get a world-exclusive first look at the first video camera accessory for iPads and older iPod touches, Scosche’s iClops, the dedicated iPhone/iPod projector Neo-i from Optoma, a super-cool iPad stand-grip-case from Belkin called Grip 360, and one of the slickest battery pack designs we’ve seen for the iPhone, Digipower’s Jumpstand Flip. Two separate Top 100 sections provide “must-see” cheat sheets for the year’s best iOS games and apps. And of course, there are our massive Apple hardware and accessory guides, each 50 pages long and packed with enough details to keep you reading for days.
This is the biggest and best Buyers’ Guide we have ever published—208 pages, no filler. Every section is either entirely rewritten from top to bottom, or significantly expanded with brand new, up-to-date developments. We’re very glad to be able to bring it to the iPod, iPhone, and iPad community at no charge. Download it now in your choice of three formats, explained below.
Two-Page Version: Laid out like a book/magazine with twin-page spreads, this version is optimized for PC, Mac, and iPad viewing. We recommend that iPad users download this version on their computers, drag and drop it into iTunes, and read it in iBooks rather than Safari.
Single-Page Version: Reformatted as a continuous collection of single pages, one atop the next, this version is optimized for one-page-at-a-time viewing on most devices. We recommend that users download this version on their computers, drag and drop it into iTunes, and read it in iBooks rather than Safari.
Single-Page Older iPhone/iPod touch Version: Identical to the single-page version, this has been broken up into three pieces to improve compatibility with iPhones and iPod touches. Definitely download all three parts of this version if you want to read on an original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 1G/2G/3G, or non-iOS mobile device; recommended for iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G users as well.
Enjoy, and Happy Halloween from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- Analyst claims wireless charging will be included in ‘iPhone 8,’ but rules out Energous as provider
- Apple claims EU made ‘fundamental errors’ in calculating $14B Irish tax ruling
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10