iLounge’s 2011 iPod / iPhone / iPad Buyers’ Guide: The Soft Launch
As promised, we’re soft-launching the 2011 iPod / iPhone / iPad Buyers’ Guide a little early so that our loyal readers can get their hands on it before the official announcements go out, and our servers get swamped tomorrow.
There’s a lot of great new stuff to discover inside. In Sneak Peeks, you’ll get a world-exclusive first look at the first video camera accessory for iPads and older iPod touches, Scosche’s iClops, the dedicated iPhone/iPod projector Neo-i from Optoma, a super-cool iPad stand-grip-case from Belkin called Grip 360, and one of the slickest battery pack designs we’ve seen for the iPhone, Digipower’s Jumpstand Flip. Two separate Top 100 sections provide “must-see” cheat sheets for the year’s best iOS games and apps. And of course, there are our massive Apple hardware and accessory guides, each 50 pages long and packed with enough details to keep you reading for days.
This is the biggest and best Buyers’ Guide we have ever published—208 pages, no filler. Every section is either entirely rewritten from top to bottom, or significantly expanded with brand new, up-to-date developments. We’re very glad to be able to bring it to the iPod, iPhone, and iPad community at no charge. Download it now in your choice of three formats, explained below.
Two-Page Version: Laid out like a book/magazine with twin-page spreads, this version is optimized for PC, Mac, and iPad viewing. We recommend that iPad users download this version on their computers, drag and drop it into iTunes, and read it in iBooks rather than Safari.
Single-Page Version: Reformatted as a continuous collection of single pages, one atop the next, this version is optimized for one-page-at-a-time viewing on most devices. We recommend that users download this version on their computers, drag and drop it into iTunes, and read it in iBooks rather than Safari.
Single-Page Older iPhone/iPod touch Version: Identical to the single-page version, this has been broken up into three pieces to improve compatibility with iPhones and iPod touches. Definitely download all three parts of this version if you want to read on an original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 1G/2G/3G, or non-iOS mobile device; recommended for iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G users as well.
Enjoy, and Happy Halloween from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!