iPod nano 5G, Next-Gen iPhone Design Changes Revealed? | iLounge Backstage

Backstage

iPod nano 5G, Next-Gen iPhone Design Changes Revealed?

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Backstage Categories:

Update: Every 2009 iPod reviewed, photographed and more including the iPod nano 5G with video camera.

You know that we don’t run future iPod stories without having a lot of faith in the information. Thus far, our source has a perfect track record for accuracy. Based on the information we’ve received, this is what the fifth-generation iPod nano will look like, compared with its fourth-generation predecessor.

image
image

As noted in the second image, the screen gets widened to a 1.5:1 aspect ratio, but still retains the Click Wheel of all prior nano models—in other words, no touchscreen controls this year for the iPod nano. The Click Wheel shifts down further on the new nano’s body, shrinks a little, and sees the size of the center Action button decrease as well. Finally, there’s a camera on the back in an unusual location, one which conceivably might be blocked by hands… except when the iPod nano is corner-gripped for photography. It will debut at the same time as the new iPod touch, between July and September. Our gut feeling is September.

Also of interest: we’ve been told that the next-generation iPhone will come in six versions: two storage capacities each for 3G, enhanced 3G (“3.5G/3.75G”), and mainland China versions of the phone, which will have the same size and general design of the current model, but with a less scratchable matte plastic body. Each of the three versions has been made to match the telecom systems of specific countries, so users in one country shouldn’t expect to have the option between a “slow iPhone” and “fast iPhone.” As before, you’ll get capacity options and different colors.

Let the comments commence.

« On “Zune HD,” or, Why “iPhone/iPod HD” Might Sound Great, But Suck

Could Plants vs. Zombies Be PopCap’s Next Big iPhone Game? »

Comments

Camera? Really? Just not that interesting. I have a 4g nano and would have found wifi for podcasts and syncing more handy on my MP3 player then a camera.

Posted by Sid32 on May 26, 2009 at 7:41 AM (PDT)

China will get the matte finish or all versions will have a matte finish?

Posted by Ryan on May 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

I can understand a camera on the touch and iPhone, but adding it to the nano feels more problematic to me.

It’s also interesting to see Apple straying a bit from their strategy of a single iPhone (not counting different capacities) for every country. I wonder if the 2009 iPhone with its 3G, 3G enhanced, and Chinese version mark a shift in the company’s thinking. I wonder if this makes a CDMA version of the iPhone more possible than before.

Posted by cxc273 on May 26, 2009 at 8:50 AM (PDT)

I don’t think the camera has an “odd placement”, it just makes perfect sense!

Imaging, when you put the nano in a landscape position, your index finger will be somewhere about the “8Gb” logo, and your thumb will be ready to press the center button——the shutter of course. Naturally, the nano screen is for the framing

What a perfect mini digital camera!

Posted by III on May 26, 2009 at 10:01 AM (PDT)

Ryan,
re-reading it appears to be:
- All six version matte.
- 2 capacities for each version: 3.5 , 3.75 and China

Posted by raft on May 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

Any new changes for the iPod touch? Higher capacity? Camera? Video? Just wishing…

Posted by muzikmaniac on May 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

Thanks raft!  I hope they scratch less, show less fingerprints but is more resilient.  Mine has cracked twice now and I’m very gentle with my electronics.

Posted by Ryan on May 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

I think the photo capture function is suppose to be used single handed. Just simply flip the whole thing upside down then wheel and click with your thumb. I bet there might be some shortcuts to activate the camera as well. How convenient!

Posted by Rkian on May 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM (PDT)

To add fuel to the fire: They’ll use the accelerometer to automatically figure out the orientation of the camera (landscape, portrait, upside down or rightside up).

Posted by wh on May 26, 2009 at 11:58 AM (PDT)

Well.

All phones have a camera.
Nano will have a camera.
Cameras are expensive.
So, the nano won’t see his capacity increase.

####.

Posted by mixag on May 26, 2009 at 11:59 AM (PDT)

Alright; matte finish, 16gb, OS X iPhone 3.0, for $200. I’m in.

Posted by iLly on May 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM (PDT)

I really don’t see apple making a new phone this year… with an expected release of 3.0 software and a device that lacks in many hardware areas I think they see it best to perfect the device they have and release a new one June 2010. I used to work for apple and they are about perfection.

I miss my windows device for many reasons…

Many things are going to be updated in 3.0 but i still really need: better camera with video recording, slingbox, xm radio, and a removeable storage sdmico card. i used to fill each one with one type of music and pop it in and have days of good tunes!*

Posted by Thoughts on May 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

My counterfeit iPod nano from India has had a camera for years..

Posted by VN on May 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM (PDT)

Last night I spoke to a Best Buy rep in Canada (where I live) and she told me that she had just been through a weekend “course” demonstrating the new iPhone AND iPhone NANO!  I didn’t detect that she was lying at all, nor did I think she realized the value of what she was revealing.  The iPhone nano could be real, despite the fact many had dismissed it long ago.

Posted by Nathan on May 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM (PDT)

Nathan, can’t you borrow me her email? (héhé...)

Posted by mixag on May 26, 2009 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

I’m so excited. I’m pretty sure this will be my first iPhone purchase.

Posted by iLly on May 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

Bull. Apple would never make 6 different Versions of the Phone. That would raise production cost and therefore lower their income.
Maybe, just maybe there will be a separate Version for China, but not on for 3G and one for 3.5G, since 3.5G is backwards compatible and can also be used with 3G networks. So there would be no point in releasing a lower end phone in country’s than don’t have 3.5G networks, since their will most likely upgrade their networks in the future.

Posted by Luca on May 26, 2009 at 2:31 PM (PDT)

@Luca: unless of course they…gasp…SOLD THEM! Then they break even. In fact, it could mean they could…gasp…break into more markets! shock horror!

This is seeming to be the iPhone that will cause me to upgrade from my first gen model. Finally, it’s on par with all other phones on the market.

Maybe Apple willnow start pushing the iPhone further ahead of the curve instead of catching up with features they left out the first time!

Posted by spooky2k on May 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM (PDT)

This is off subject, but I’d like to see the ipod touch abandon the stanless steel case in favor of anodized aluminum cases with colors like the ipod nano. Plus a camera. Now that would be an ipod to get excited about.

Posted by Dylan Messer on May 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM (PDT)

Just FYI - the ratios should be listed as—
3:2 not 1.5:1
and 4:3 not 1.33:1

3:2 and 4:3 are the standard ways of displaying screen aspect ratios (4:3 is standard television ratio, 3:2 is not a standard video display, but it is a standard photography aspect ratio).

Oddly the iPhone/iPod Touch uses a 3:2 aspect ratio even though it is not a standard video display ratio… It’s sort of a middle ground between widescreen and standard.

Given the aspect ratio compliance with iPhone platform, and the addition of a camera - will this new iPod Nano support some form of the iPhone App store and maybe some non-touch apps? There are plenty of iPhone apps that could be easily controlled with just a click-wheel.

Posted by Jesse J. Anderson on May 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM (PDT)

Luca’s got a point here.

Posted by iLly on May 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM (PDT)

@spooky2k: your point is to break into new markets at lower margin? This is like losing money on each and trying to make up in volume. Apple seems to have the discipline to keep control of their SKU’s.

I am not sure what “enhanced 3G” is and why it needs a separate SKU, the fact is that as 3G moves from HSPDA at 3.6MBps to HSPA 7.2 Mbps it is a simple firmware update. In fact as AT&T;upgrades to HSPA, the old 3G iPhone will be updated as well.

As to mainland China, China Unicom has barely started deploying HSDPA, and is a pimple compared to China Mobile (which will go proprietary TD-SCDMA) so I would not be holding my breath for a Chinese version.

Posted by Timm on May 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM (PDT)

1) BestBuy in Canada, getting training prior to an announcement is laughable. Apple does not disclose info on any of their unannounced products to anyone, especially to the 4 weeks of electronic knowledge monkeys that work at Best Buy. They would shoot their mouths off to everyone if they were shown Apple’s secrets. 2) there is no doubt Apple will incorporate cameras on all devices, this is to help sell more world wide, especially in Asia.

Posted by Mike on May 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM (PDT)

While a camera would be a neat addition…it would also destroy my ability to use it at work. >.<

I work in a major retailer’s .com division, and we’re not allowed to have cell phones on there because of most phones having integral cameras these days. Too easy to snap shots of a customer’s order/credit card info. Which, of ourse, is asinine since a piece of paper does the job MUCH more reliably…

The point is, if Apple starts adding cameras to all their iPods…I can’t use new ones at work. And since my sanity relies on having mine there, that will suck…

Posted by Daniel S. on May 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM (PDT)

guess ill hav to wait before i upgrade my ipod classic to an ipod touch. come on apple… LAUNCH IT NOW!

Posted by julio on May 27, 2009 at 7:05 AM (PDT)

Adding a camera is a nice idea.  But why not place it at the top if the Ipod.  Just make is a little longer and place the camera right above the screen.  It would be a lot easier to handle then to have the camera located where it is in the above pic.

But then on the flip side they would get banned in every gym.

Posted by Cyclonus on May 27, 2009 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

@Timm: Why would they lose money in the existing markets?

I can’t see more than two versions of the phone though. A china model and a new model. Maybe the old 3G is simply being reclassified?

Posted by spooky2k on May 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

why would anyone buy touch?  its just an i phone with less stuff.

i wish they would put a GOOD camera on nano ... but a BASIC phone in it would be awsome ... !!!!

Posted by roger on May 27, 2009 at 1:13 PM (PDT)

Different variations of the iPhone make sense now. The lifespan of an iPhone device is 2 years. If 3G is more than 2 years away in China, you not only don’t need to put it in the iPhone you’re selling there, you want to leave it out to make for more battery life.

Apple doesn’t always make one product for the world; they only try to do that. The iTunes Store is different in every country, for example. They essentially had to localize the agreements they make with music and movie companies due to local conditions. The same would apply with localizing the cell radio somewhat, given that the next 2 years in China and the U.S. and Japan all look very different as far as how much speed your GSM cell network is capable of.

CDMA? No chance. If there was ever any chance at all, it would have been right from the start. Replacing the GSM radio with CDMA is a much bigger change than GSM/EDGE changing to GSM/3G.

> why would anyone buy touch?  its just an i phone
> with less stuff.

Because it costs so much less. Same as when you compare Macs and PC’s you have to look at Total Cost of Ownership. Over 2 years, iPhone is about $2000, same as other smartphones; iPod touch is about $300, same as other music players.

Posted by Hamranhansenhansen on May 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM (PDT)

28) Roger: Because the iPod touch is the best PDA ever made, and I don’t have to pay a monthly fee to use it, unlike the iPhone.

Not to mention I like having 32 GB of storage, compared to the (current) 16 GB max on the iPhone…

Posted by Daniel S. on May 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

The special China version is for, among other things, the regulations, licensing, and restrictions on Wi-Fi, i.e. 802.11g/n.

Posted by thor240z on May 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM (PDT)

That doesn’t look like a camera to me… looks more like a repositioning of the Hold switch!

Posted by Carl on May 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

New Nano xill come on WWDC: on the French refurb store, all the nanos 4G lost 25 percents today. The nano 16 Go is at the price of the 8Go, and the 8 Go now costs 100 euros!

Posted by Mixag on May 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM (PDT)

I just cath a glimpse of your store (US), and same situation.

Posted by Mixag on May 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM (PDT)

Ok carl this isn’t the actual thing. It even says “ilounge artist rendition” above the picture.  And they have changed the shape of the nano all 4 generations, I doubt that it will look exactly like this, and you can see the hold switch sticking off of the top. None of the things here are definite.  The screen and click wheel are most likely photoshopped from the first picture.

Although I do hope that this is how it will actually look, I doubt that Apple would release any of this info to the public without any other sites getting it too.  This is the only site i have seen with these pics/statistics.

Posted by mister kazaam on May 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

I retract my statement. It is likely that this is what the 5thgen nano will look like.

Posted by mister kazaam on May 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM (PDT)

What is their source?

Posted by mister kazaam on May 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM (PDT)

I hear that all Chinese Apple-products in the future will come with a boot-logo that says “Human Rights Are Cool”.

Posted by Jay on May 30, 2009 at 5:34 PM (PDT)

HAHA ridiculous,
matte version for china?? nobody noticed “CE” (conformité européenne)??

ce is only for europe products, so that means matte will come to europe/us too or the rumours are made by someone who’s an idiot!

Posted by mat on May 31, 2009 at 5:26 AM (PDT)

@39,
The CE mark is on iPods irrespective of their market. I have, sat in front of me, a 4GB Nano which came from the US. It has a CE mark on it. As do all the US ‘sourced’ iPods in my possession.
They also bear the FCC conformity logo. Even the ones bought outside the US…

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on May 31, 2009 at 7:06 AM (PDT)

A camera?  :(  Weird placement and not very practical when people have phones and what not.  I’d much rather have MORE SPACE.

Posted by christine on June 9, 2009 at 5:19 AM (PDT)

@41, buy a larger capacity iPod then…

Posted by somebody on June 9, 2009 at 7:47 AM (PDT)

i hope this new ipod will come in all the colours the ipod nano 4g comes in!

Posted by fluffy doob on June 10, 2009 at 11:00 AM (PDT)

i also agree with no 11 just to add hope it come in 4g’s colours! that would be soo cool!

Posted by a peson on June 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM (PDT)

Since all previous versions of the iPod nano have had more storage than the one before, shouldn’t apple try and increase the capacity for a 5g nano!  E.g. a 32 gb nano!

Having a camera would be cool, I just hope Apple consider it viable!

X

Posted by UK rox! on June 15, 2009 at 5:27 AM (PDT)

A 32GB nano that would be good, but I hope they keep an 8GB version, and cut the price. A lot of people aren’t wanting to spend as much these days, and besides, 8GB is plenty of storage for an entry-level player.

Posted by Jerome on June 17, 2009 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

I’m just begging for insiders to find more scoop about the 3rd Gen Ipod touch, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for it

Posted by will on June 20, 2009 at 12:14 AM (PDT)

I think Apple should create a 32gb iPod & a 16gb iPod both with camera!

I think an iPhone Nano, would be pointless!
I dont think it would be viable I just dont think its necessary!

X

Posted by UK rox! on June 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM (PDT)

An iPhone nano would cost around £300, and if ist life span is only 2 years! there really is no point!
because if your spending so much money on a Phone you wand it to last! It doesnt even have a very big storage!
If you buy an ipod, it could last up to 10 years or more if your careful. the 16gb nano atm only costs £150 where as the iPhone 3gs costs £540!

Its ridiculous because you are spending around FIVE times as much on something wit=ch is going to last around a tenth of the time

X

Posted by UK rox! on June 22, 2009 at 5:25 AM (PDT)

I think holding the nano and trying to take a picture would be hard, if this is how the 5th Gen. iPod Nano is really gonna look. The fourth Gen. Nano is already pretty hard to hold; the sides are sorta point-y-ish.
.__.

Posted by Michelle Che on June 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

I don’t see any info in your write up about the most important item for Nano owners.

CAPACITY !!!!!

Will there be a 32GB model or will 16GB still be the largest one?

How could you ignore such an important item???

Posted by MeBossy on June 27, 2009 at 5:42 AM (PDT)

@51
thats what I was asking!
Don’t get so worked up, its logical as i have already said every new generation of nano has had double the capacity of the previous generation!

Happy now!!

X

Posted by UK rox! on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM (PDT)

A matte black case for the iTouch/iPhone would be the exact same matte black on the previous polycarbonate MacBook. Users complained of the matte black attracting dirt, fingerprints, and oil much worse than the WhiteBook. I highly doubt a matte black or white option would show up.

Please go back to aluminum.

Posted by Daryll on July 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM (PDT)

@49

here in the land of aus, a 16gb iphone 3g goes for $800, the new 32gb iphone 3gs goes for over $1000, thats nearly 600£.

iphones are NOT CHEAP, the nano version is for the people that want an iphone but dont have the budget.

also iphones are larger than most phones making the nano version even more appealing to ppl who dont want a big phone

Posted by James Bond on July 12, 2009 at 3:59 AM (PDT)

For God’s sake, they just released a new iPhone model and now they’re already talking about the next generation??? Also, what’s the point of putting a camera on the Nano? It’s like when they put a camera on the Nintendo DSi. Totally pointless.

Posted by Rin on July 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM (PDT)

I’d like to see a 64gb nano that could replace my iPod Video. Apple are holding back on the storage of Nano’s to encourage future upgrading.
A Nano iPhone… yes please! I use ipod more than phone and even then mostly just texting so a decent ipod and simple phone functions would be perfect!

Posted by Ben on July 17, 2009 at 3:44 AM (PDT)

i got a purple i pod 8 months ago. and i think its the best. i think i pods without cameras are cool… i think i pods are good enough with music and videos only..i am not getting rid of my i pod even if new ones comes out every year…only people who enjoy taking pictures…will enjoy these new i-pod i just continue using my digital camera for pictures….

Posted by tanya on July 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

Rin #55, you might want to look at the date of the main post.  It predated the most recent iPhone release and was therefore referring to that release, not a hypothetical future one.

Posted by Ellen on July 26, 2009 at 3:18 PM (PDT)

A camera in an ipod? Looks odd, some may say.. Why a camera? Why not FM Radio or Mic, which is more ipod related add on than a camera? Others may ask..

Come on, guys, nowadays it looks every manufacturer think that everything powered with built in battery must have a camera! So, we could expect a camera in an electric shaver in the near future.

Oh my..

Posted by Pradip on August 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM (PDT)

보면 모르시겠어요? 합성이잖아요 ㅋㅋㅋ 액정 화면 반사도 이상하고;;; 재밌네요 ㅎㅎ

Posted by ㅎㅎㅎㅎ on August 6, 2009 at 6:18 AM (PDT)

The camera is completely the wrong place, if you consider the most natural way to hold the Nano to take a picture. It should be towards the top of the Nano.

Posted by CommonSense on August 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM (PDT)

I ‘m just dying to buy ipod with sufficient memory for mp3, good resolution camera, video recording with fm radio aswell. Is there any ipods meeting near my thirst? Pls do suggest me which ipod I should go for.

Posted by bikash on August 15, 2009 at 2:37 AM (PDT)

Was just trying to decide between buying another Ipod now or waiting for this one and i think am just going to buy the old one. I mean soon we will have camera’s in every single electronic equipment out there! I have a very good 12mp camera, camera on my phone with very good quality and webcam on my laptop and I dont think I need a camer on the only electronic equipment that I own that has not got it.Soon there will be camera on our wristwatches and in the alarm clocks.. Thats right wake up and take a picture!
They should look into adding the radio like zune, or something more exciting like a music game that gets formed by the music on you ipod like guess the artist or something…

Posted by YouKnowMe on August 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM (PDT)

A camera is stupid. Is there really one who thinks it will be more than 2MP? I mean really. My 3 year old SonyEricsson has a better camera. There really is only one feature worth adding to the Nano.

STEREO BLUETOOTH! As in 2.1 EDR AD2P. I have a 16GB 4th gen and I would buy a new one in s split second if they would add internal stereo bluetooth. Come on apple@ I really want to buy the Jaybird headphones so I can simultaneously listen to my Nano and answer my phone if it rings.

PS. There are two other things that would make me consider a new nano. I wouldn’t be in line to buy it with these but I would consider it.

1.) Making the Nano more sweat and water resistant would be good. (I can’t figure out why Apple thinks the shuffle is it’s “workout” iPod - you can’t do playlists or podcasts duh! Plus I’m not learning Morse code to control my iPod. This is a perfect example of engineers throwing out the baby with the bath water.)

2.) Internal Nike+ like the Touch has. I’d like to use Nike+ but there’s no way I’m going to give up the awesome control of my nano via my Timex iControl watch. (again - why would anyone want to wear a bulky and expensive iPod touch in a sweaty armband?)

Posted by Gregg Long on August 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

I do agree on iPod Touch 3G will have built-in camera as well as GPS, however I don’t believe Nano 5G will have their built-in camera unless Nano 5G will support more features such as internet access that would require much radical design changes compare to 4G Nano.

Posted by imacmac on August 19, 2009 at 1:11 AM (PDT)

Any word on the nano 5g release date yet? Are there any upcoming Apple/Industry events where they may reveal the newie? Obviously Sept is approaching so that is looking likely, but any more recent info than the original post??

Posted by ATMo on August 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM (PDT)

hmm… i have been reading alot about the ipod touch 3rd gen. everywhere i read it seems like it is going to come with a camera, a microphone, and it will be cheaper for more memory… I have been using windows for most of my life (i am 14 1/2 lol and rlly good with computers) but i made a mac os x leopard theme for my windows… i am liking apple more & more every day. I used to hate apple and now i love them smile looking forward to buy the ipod touch 3rd Gen whether is has a camera, microphone and everything else, i am still getting one. : )

Posted by Jon on August 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

The camera is completely pointless, everyone has a camera on their phones these days with great quality, mine’s 2mp. Why not invest in more space, but i do like the new screen ratio smile

Posted by echacha on August 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

lol… i dont think this is real… if it is, then terrible terrible terrible. How the hell are you supposed to use the camera when your fingers are gonna be wrapped around the lens part? its like on the exact spot the click wheel is in except on the back. when you hold it, you’re just going to block the view. And i hope this camera and screen ratio isnt the ONLY thing they changed…. the zune hd looks more promising. Not a fanboy of either. Just the zune hd is more impressive this year. but you never know. the new touch could be killer

Posted by michin.nom on August 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM (PDT)

I really don’t want a camera on my Nano, my Nokia N82 already has a high quality one with flash so it’s just a wasted feature for me. And moving the wheel down like that would just make it even harder to navigate. So I hope your source is wrong. My wishlist besides more space and battery life is wifi library access and a built in radio. Radio will never happen though as it takes sales away from their store.

Posted by Tir on August 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

All I can say is that I hope that the new iPod Nano has a 16GB option for $149.99 and a 32GB option for $199.99, and I also hope that it’s camera records video too.  This is the same person writing this as #71 but I am punctuating it alot better than last message, I was just lazy the last time.

Posted by Jeffrey on August 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM (PDT)

Hi,
umm, do u know when this comes out and how much will it b? Cot The current 1’s(4th gen)are like $200 and if a new 1 came out would this go down in price and would the 5th gen be like, i dunno, $300?

Plz tell me cos i WANT 1

Posted by Jacqueline W on August 30, 2009 at 11:31 PM (PDT)

Does anyone know when ipod nano 5g comes out by the time?
aproximately?
thanksss

Posted by Ibai on September 3, 2009 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

Well, after reading all your comments, I’m still unsure why I would want an iPod over a normal MP3 player. As far as I can tell with iPods, there’s no easy drag and drop to create playlists (without downloading special itunes software) and there’s no FM tuner. The only reason I’m interested in a Nano is for the running tracker. I think I’ll wait until Sony or one of the others have this functionality - and at half the price. Have I got this all wrong?

Posted by Sally on September 6, 2009 at 7:24 PM (PDT)

Now the iPod nano with camera came out and iPod touch doesn’t.

why no camera on the iPod touch?

Posted by iPod Transfer Software on September 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM (PDT)

не знаю как вам а мне очень понраилась идея

Posted by Азамат on September 9, 2009 at 11:33 PM (PDT)

Normaly every new generation of nano has had double the capacity of the previous generation!
Since all previous versions of the iPod nano have had more storage than the one before, shouldn’t apple try and increase the capacity for a 5g nano?

NO,THEY DIDN’T !!!

Posted by Jb on September 10, 2009 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

IPOD NANO IS HERE!
YAY! with camera

@77 well it was just a prediction!

@74 not really! only the bit about the fm tuner as new ipod nano does have an fm tuner! so there you go!

X

Posted by UK rox! on September 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

I, for one think that the touch needs a camera. The New 3g touch has up to 64GB of size,  Has voice control and comes with headphones with built in remote a mic, but no camera. It is stupid.

Posted by Jeza on September 11, 2009 at 3:00 AM (PDT)

who know when the ipod nano 5G comes out?

Posted by alexx on September 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM (PDT)

I just watched the video of Steve Jobs unveiling the new Nano, and it does indeed look like the picture. Not only does it have the video camera, but also FM radio, a voice recorder, built in speakers, and a pedometer.

Posted by Leah on September 13, 2009 at 3:45 AM (PDT)

72. The 4th generations are 149.99 and it looks like the new ones will sell for that price for the 8 GB and 179.99 for the 16 GB.

Posted by Leah on September 13, 2009 at 3:47 AM (PDT)

well i reakon its mad as ,
because ipod nanos dont brake as easily as ipod touches do ,
plus if you have a camera on an ipod and you forget your camera then you already have one .

Posted by abbey on September 15, 2009 at 11:12 PM (PDT)

I’m not sure about the touch being the “best PDA ever made” (#30), but then I’ve only played with my coworkers (and gone thru several Palms (both PDA and phone versions) and Windows Mobile phones). Now if they’d released a 32gb nano, that would be an instant upgrade - I’m fast outgrowing my 16gb one (even with just buying a ipod classic a month ago). I’d love to not have to juggle music and audiobooks on my Nano…

Posted by Lori on September 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM (PDT)

I have the 4th gen Nano and will probably upgrade to this but it makes more sense to put a camera on the Touch or at least the Classic. I dont even have enough room to put on my 8gb, if I get the 16 I wont have much room to put any videos! This is cool, just not wise.

Posted by Alex on September 18, 2009 at 4:18 PM (PDT)

i went to the store to buy the new ipod and the teller said that it’s useless

Posted by bob on October 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM (PDT)

Same, the camera is just another stupid kitch item you can put on the list of functions. Why not give it blutooth or a chat function first. the last thing i need is another camera with pixelated images of people doing stupid things. If it isnt broken don’
t fix it.

Posted by mid on November 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM (PDT)

ok this 5th gen is pissing me off…..everytime i play music it gose on speaker and i looked everywhere 4 speaker setting and there was none.i cant find it on google anywhere and i reeaallllyyy need to find that out…so plz help mee!!

Posted by krissy on December 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM (PDT)

i have it. it dosen’y have a camera just videocamer   :( the day after i got it i had it in a pocket, and was on the beach and like, ok dad, whos first into the water, when i was in the water then i feeled in my pocket, *****!!!

Posted by patric on December 30, 2009 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

well my one looked a little like the second pic but wen i went on itunes it had the same serial number

Posted by billy on January 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM (PDT)

I don’t understand why you guys are complaining if there’s something wrong go make your own portable entertainment device OK like come on so what it doesn’t have what you’d like it to have but gosh just don’t buy it id understand if yo were talking about how great it is that we don’t only have to listen to music and it gives us some thing else to do while listening to music So be happy(i love my iPod 5g)

Posted by iBoi on January 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM (PDT)

I love it,its pretty cool yo.  I mean you could do more but I know you will.  I like it though.  It’s pretty sweet yo.

Posted by Bob on January 21, 2010 at 8:04 AM (PDT)

I just bought the ipod nano and I think it is very usefull.The only bad thing is it only charges on laptops.You need to buy a wall charger seprately if you want one.I am going to north carolina in two days so I have continuously charge it.Other then that,I think that the camera is a nice feature.It actually didnt cost asmuch as I thought it would.If I were you, I would go to Target.When I went I got a free $10 gift certificate,byut i dont yknow though it coud have only been a limited time thing.

The bottom line is it is GREAT!!!!

Posted by Ashley on July 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM (PDT)

i just don’t understand why apple would put the camera on the bottom. it seems it should be on the top so you can hold it on the bottom like a phone. it just makes more sense. besides, that way you won’t rub your fingers on the lens.

Posted by Doughnut on August 26, 2010 at 5:39 AM (PDT)

i have 10 ipod nano with lots of coloures but now 3 are left because i kept leaving in my pocket and when yhey wash my trouseres it got damaged i wish yhe ipod touch 5g would be water resistant

Posted by mohammed on November 9, 2010 at 5:42 AM (PDT)

Doughnut has a point. I was making videos on my ipod nano and I hate that the camera is at the bottom. Then you have to flip it over.

Posted by Makenna S on November 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

well i have a ipod nano 5g and it’s awesome. it would be better if it had more memory though

Posted by Rufus on April 26, 2011 at 9:04 AM (PDT)