Live From New York, it’s iLounge!
Published: Monday, December 17, 2007
Many months in the making, today marks the official opening of our office in New York—an exciting event in iLounge’s six-year history, and one we wanted to tell you more about. Here’s the story:
* Western New York. iLounge’s new office is located in East Amherst, New York, which is an hour’s plane ride from Manhattan. We chose this location because it lets us be just as close as we want to events and companies in New York City, and is also accessible by quick hops to the offices of other companies on the East Coast, in the Midwest, and the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
* Earlier Updates. As of today, four of iLounge’s editors sleep in or before the Eastern Time Zone, whether we’re based in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom. Expect more updates from us early in the day, versus the later-in-evening updates we’ve been doing recently. Of course, we’ll still be around at night, too.
* Product Coverage. All of our editorial coverage, including product reviews and previews, will be managed through our East Coast office. News is handled by an iLounge editor based in Florida. We still maintain a business office on the West Coast in Irvine, California, as well. Following a two-week notice provided to companies on our e-mail list, shipments to Mission Viejo, California are now officially in a “black hole,” and will never be received; please contact us for our updated mailing address if you are not already on the e-mail list.
* Visiting. Our office is not open to the general public, but we are glad to schedule appointments with interested companies. Visitors will enjoy extremely convenient access to Niagara Falls, and some of the most memorably outstanding meals in the United States, including authentic Buffalo Wings, some of the world’s best pizza, and surprisingly excellent Thai food—trust us, we know. (Please note that for ethical reasons, we do not participate in company-sponsored junkets, and do not handle or discuss advertising or other promotional opportunities through our East Coast office. We welcome visitors solely for product briefings, demonstrations, and interviews. Please contact our Irvine office for anything else.)
As we prepare for Christmas and the end of the year, we can tell you that we have a lot planned for 2008, and truly look forward to bringing it to you. Thank you for your continued support, and happy holidays!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- Cook talks Apple’s taxes ahead of Senate testimony
- iLuv intros Aud 5 Lightning speaker dock for iPhone 5
- Apps: Can Knockdown 3, eBay 3.0/2.3, Jungle Book + Sonic the Hedgehog 2.0
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new Mini Player
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- PhoneSuit Flex Pocket Charger
- Olloclip Quick-Flip Case + Pro-Photo Adapter for iPhone 5
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature