Live From New York, it’s iLounge!
Published: Monday, December 17, 2007
Many months in the making, today marks the official opening of our office in New York—an exciting event in iLounge’s six-year history, and one we wanted to tell you more about. Here’s the story:
* Western New York. iLounge’s new office is located in East Amherst, New York, which is an hour’s plane ride from Manhattan. We chose this location because it lets us be just as close as we want to events and companies in New York City, and is also accessible by quick hops to the offices of other companies on the East Coast, in the Midwest, and the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
* Earlier Updates. As of today, four of iLounge’s editors sleep in or before the Eastern Time Zone, whether we’re based in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom. Expect more updates from us early in the day, versus the later-in-evening updates we’ve been doing recently. Of course, we’ll still be around at night, too.
* Product Coverage. All of our editorial coverage, including product reviews and previews, will be managed through our East Coast office. News is handled by an iLounge editor based in Florida. We still maintain a business office on the West Coast in Irvine, California, as well. Following a two-week notice provided to companies on our e-mail list, shipments to Mission Viejo, California are now officially in a “black hole,” and will never be received; please contact us for our updated mailing address if you are not already on the e-mail list.
* Visiting. Our office is not open to the general public, but we are glad to schedule appointments with interested companies. Visitors will enjoy extremely convenient access to Niagara Falls, and some of the most memorably outstanding meals in the United States, including authentic Buffalo Wings, some of the world’s best pizza, and surprisingly excellent Thai food—trust us, we know. (Please note that for ethical reasons, we do not participate in company-sponsored junkets, and do not handle or discuss advertising or other promotional opportunities through our East Coast office. We welcome visitors solely for product briefings, demonstrations, and interviews. Please contact our Irvine office for anything else.)
As we prepare for Christmas and the end of the year, we can tell you that we have a lot planned for 2008, and truly look forward to bringing it to you. Thank you for your continued support, and happy holidays!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Apple launches environmental responsibility campaign
- Apple TV adds A&E, History, Lifetime channels
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac