Live From New York, it’s iLounge!
Many months in the making, today marks the official opening of our office in New York—an exciting event in iLounge’s six-year history, and one we wanted to tell you more about. Here’s the story:
* Western New York. iLounge’s new office is located in East Amherst, New York, which is an hour’s plane ride from Manhattan. We chose this location because it lets us be just as close as we want to events and companies in New York City, and is also accessible by quick hops to the offices of other companies on the East Coast, in the Midwest, and the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
* Earlier Updates. As of today, four of iLounge’s editors sleep in or before the Eastern Time Zone, whether we’re based in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom. Expect more updates from us early in the day, versus the later-in-evening updates we’ve been doing recently. Of course, we’ll still be around at night, too.
* Product Coverage. All of our editorial coverage, including product reviews and previews, will be managed through our East Coast office. News is handled by an iLounge editor based in Florida. We still maintain a business office on the West Coast in Irvine, California, as well. Following a two-week notice provided to companies on our e-mail list, shipments to Mission Viejo, California are now officially in a “black hole,” and will never be received; please contact us for our updated mailing address if you are not already on the e-mail list.
* Visiting. Our office is not open to the general public, but we are glad to schedule appointments with interested companies. Visitors will enjoy extremely convenient access to Niagara Falls, and some of the most memorably outstanding meals in the United States, including authentic Buffalo Wings, some of the world’s best pizza, and surprisingly excellent Thai food—trust us, we know. (Please note that for ethical reasons, we do not participate in company-sponsored junkets, and do not handle or discuss advertising or other promotional opportunities through our East Coast office. We welcome visitors solely for product briefings, demonstrations, and interviews. Please contact our Irvine office for anything else.)
As we prepare for Christmas and the end of the year, we can tell you that we have a lot planned for 2008, and truly look forward to bringing it to you. Thank you for your continued support, and happy holidays!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Iovine fuels speculation about Apple’s interest in scripted TV shows
- Report: ‘iPhone 8’ to include upgraded water resistance
- U.S. appeals court resurrects App Store antitrust lawsuit against Apple
- Apple increases maximum tvOS app size to 4GB
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple looking to produce original TV content for Apple Music subscribers
- FBI releases heavily redacted information about cracking iPhone
- Apple partners with Tresorit to offer encryption option to CareKit developers
- ESPN’s iOS apps add support for Single Sign-On
- Spigen AirPods Stand coming in mid-February
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10