Live From New York, it’s iLounge!
Many months in the making, today marks the official opening of our office in New York—an exciting event in iLounge’s six-year history, and one we wanted to tell you more about. Here’s the story:
* Western New York. iLounge’s new office is located in East Amherst, New York, which is an hour’s plane ride from Manhattan. We chose this location because it lets us be just as close as we want to events and companies in New York City, and is also accessible by quick hops to the offices of other companies on the East Coast, in the Midwest, and the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
* Earlier Updates. As of today, four of iLounge’s editors sleep in or before the Eastern Time Zone, whether we’re based in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom. Expect more updates from us early in the day, versus the later-in-evening updates we’ve been doing recently. Of course, we’ll still be around at night, too.
* Product Coverage. All of our editorial coverage, including product reviews and previews, will be managed through our East Coast office. News is handled by an iLounge editor based in Florida. We still maintain a business office on the West Coast in Irvine, California, as well. Following a two-week notice provided to companies on our e-mail list, shipments to Mission Viejo, California are now officially in a “black hole,” and will never be received; please contact us for our updated mailing address if you are not already on the e-mail list.
* Visiting. Our office is not open to the general public, but we are glad to schedule appointments with interested companies. Visitors will enjoy extremely convenient access to Niagara Falls, and some of the most memorably outstanding meals in the United States, including authentic Buffalo Wings, some of the world’s best pizza, and surprisingly excellent Thai food—trust us, we know. (Please note that for ethical reasons, we do not participate in company-sponsored junkets, and do not handle or discuss advertising or other promotional opportunities through our East Coast office. We welcome visitors solely for product briefings, demonstrations, and interviews. Please contact our Irvine office for anything else.)
As we prepare for Christmas and the end of the year, we can tell you that we have a lot planned for 2008, and truly look forward to bringing it to you. Thank you for your continued support, and happy holidays!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Apple Pay launches in Hong Kong
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app