Magnetosphere: iTunes Eye Candy
How many of you out there love iTunes visualizers? Well, if you’re like me—I love cheap thrills—turn down the lights, crank up some tunes and sit back and relax. I just discovered a new visualizer called Magnetosphere. This plugin is seriously different from any other visualizer I’ve seen. It’s stunning on my 30” Apple Cinema Display. I tend to like more ethereal light show type visualizers, morphing and bending light beams at will. Magnetosphere is like that. Bursts of dancing spot lights - like radioactive rain drops on my screen - fluid and intense. The Fugees’ “Killing Me Softly Remix” to Johnny Cash’s “I Walk The Line” and everything in between. It all looks good with Magnetosphere.
Here’s a tip. Press M on your keyboard and you’ll get several different versions of visual elements in Magnetosphere (pictured below). Press A to add 100 particles or S to subtract 100 particles. It comes in two flavors, Mac or Windows, and it’s free. Another great visualizer is GasLight. I liked it so much, I had GasLight customized with our logo for a trade show. What’s your favorite visualizer(s)? Let us know about it.
Each panel pictured above represents one type of Magnetosphere visualizer.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox