Magnetosphere: iTunes Eye Candy
How many of you out there love iTunes visualizers? Well, if you’re like me—I love cheap thrills—turn down the lights, crank up some tunes and sit back and relax. I just discovered a new visualizer called Magnetosphere. This plugin is seriously different from any other visualizer I’ve seen. It’s stunning on my 30” Apple Cinema Display. I tend to like more ethereal light show type visualizers, morphing and bending light beams at will. Magnetosphere is like that. Bursts of dancing spot lights - like radioactive rain drops on my screen - fluid and intense. The Fugees’ “Killing Me Softly Remix” to Johnny Cash’s “I Walk The Line” and everything in between. It all looks good with Magnetosphere.
Here’s a tip. Press M on your keyboard and you’ll get several different versions of visual elements in Magnetosphere (pictured below). Press A to add 100 particles or S to subtract 100 particles. It comes in two flavors, Mac or Windows, and it’s free. Another great visualizer is GasLight. I liked it so much, I had GasLight customized with our logo for a trade show. What’s your favorite visualizer(s)? Let us know about it.
Each panel pictured above represents one type of Magnetosphere visualizer.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0