Magnetosphere: iTunes Eye Candy
How many of you out there love iTunes visualizers? Well, if you’re like me—I love cheap thrills—turn down the lights, crank up some tunes and sit back and relax. I just discovered a new visualizer called Magnetosphere. This plugin is seriously different from any other visualizer I’ve seen. It’s stunning on my 30” Apple Cinema Display. I tend to like more ethereal light show type visualizers, morphing and bending light beams at will. Magnetosphere is like that. Bursts of dancing spot lights - like radioactive rain drops on my screen - fluid and intense. The Fugees’ “Killing Me Softly Remix” to Johnny Cash’s “I Walk The Line” and everything in between. It all looks good with Magnetosphere.
Here’s a tip. Press M on your keyboard and you’ll get several different versions of visual elements in Magnetosphere (pictured below). Press A to add 100 particles or S to subtract 100 particles. It comes in two flavors, Mac or Windows, and it’s free. Another great visualizer is GasLight. I liked it so much, I had GasLight customized with our logo for a trade show. What’s your favorite visualizer(s)? Let us know about it.
Each panel pictured above represents one type of Magnetosphere visualizer.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts