Magnetosphere: iTunes Eye Candy
How many of you out there love iTunes visualizers? Well, if you’re like me—I love cheap thrills—turn down the lights, crank up some tunes and sit back and relax. I just discovered a new visualizer called Magnetosphere. This plugin is seriously different from any other visualizer I’ve seen. It’s stunning on my 30” Apple Cinema Display. I tend to like more ethereal light show type visualizers, morphing and bending light beams at will. Magnetosphere is like that. Bursts of dancing spot lights - like radioactive rain drops on my screen - fluid and intense. The Fugees’ “Killing Me Softly Remix” to Johnny Cash’s “I Walk The Line” and everything in between. It all looks good with Magnetosphere.
Here’s a tip. Press M on your keyboard and you’ll get several different versions of visual elements in Magnetosphere (pictured below). Press A to add 100 particles or S to subtract 100 particles. It comes in two flavors, Mac or Windows, and it’s free. Another great visualizer is GasLight. I liked it so much, I had GasLight customized with our logo for a trade show. What’s your favorite visualizer(s)? Let us know about it.
Each panel pictured above represents one type of Magnetosphere visualizer.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks