More iPod Speakers, or More iPod Sneakers?
I’m really interested in getting your take on the following question:
What do you care about right now, more iPod speakers, or more iPod sneakers?
The real question I’m posing here is whether you, as an iPod owner, are more interested in traditional accessories, such as a theoretical next-generation iPod speaker/headphone/car audio integration kit, or things that are completely new and outside the box, like the Nike + iPod Sport Kit and the iPod-compatible sneakers it spawned?* [Updated: To further clarify, I don’t mean only Nike sneakers, but rather new things that are similarly innovative and unexpected.]
As we head into two upcoming trade shows, this question is weighing on us. We see crazy numbers of speakers, headphones, car accessories, and cases around here, virtually none of them breakthrough in any real way, and very few really innovative products. There is no doubt in our minds that we’ll soon be wading through aisles of similar products, looking for ones that stand out from the crowd. What do you really care about? What would you prefer that we completely ignore? I’m listening.
Bear in mind that the iLounge Poll (main page left column, in orange) has headphones, media content, speakers and cases in the lead right now, but perhaps for lack of more outside-box choices. Tell us what you think, and don’t forget to register your vote there.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Rumor: Apple may add cellular capability to next Apple Watch, create USB-C/Lightning hybrid
- Urbanears launches new lineup of Wi-Fi Connected Speakers
- Apple adds ability for developers respond to apps reviews, tweaks in-app rating prompt rules
- Report: 10.5” iPad Pro could still arrive this spring
- Apple’s Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps gain Touch ID support, other improvements
- Apple releases tvOS 10.2 and Apple TV Remote for iPad
- Apple releases watchOS 3.2, featuring Theater Mode, SiriKit
- Apple releases iOS 10.3 with Find My AirPods, Siri + CarPlay improvements
- Wells Fargo rolling out ability to use Apple Pay for transactions at some ATMs later this year
- Apple ‘stepping up’ investment in AR glasses, but they’re still reportedly more than a year away
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10