More iPod Speakers, or More iPod Sneakers?
Published: Friday, January 4, 2008
I’m really interested in getting your take on the following question:
What do you care about right now, more iPod speakers, or more iPod sneakers?
The real question I’m posing here is whether you, as an iPod owner, are more interested in traditional accessories, such as a theoretical next-generation iPod speaker/headphone/car audio integration kit, or things that are completely new and outside the box, like the Nike + iPod Sport Kit and the iPod-compatible sneakers it spawned?* [Updated: To further clarify, I don’t mean only Nike sneakers, but rather new things that are similarly innovative and unexpected.]
As we head into two upcoming trade shows, this question is weighing on us. We see crazy numbers of speakers, headphones, car accessories, and cases around here, virtually none of them breakthrough in any real way, and very few really innovative products. There is no doubt in our minds that we’ll soon be wading through aisles of similar products, looking for ones that stand out from the crowd. What do you really care about? What would you prefer that we completely ignore? I’m listening.
Bear in mind that the iLounge Poll (main page left column, in orange) has headphones, media content, speakers and cases in the lead right now, but perhaps for lack of more outside-box choices. Tell us what you think, and don’t forget to register your vote there.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks