More iPod Speakers, or More iPod Sneakers?
I’m really interested in getting your take on the following question:
What do you care about right now, more iPod speakers, or more iPod sneakers?
The real question I’m posing here is whether you, as an iPod owner, are more interested in traditional accessories, such as a theoretical next-generation iPod speaker/headphone/car audio integration kit, or things that are completely new and outside the box, like the Nike + iPod Sport Kit and the iPod-compatible sneakers it spawned?* [Updated: To further clarify, I don’t mean only Nike sneakers, but rather new things that are similarly innovative and unexpected.]
As we head into two upcoming trade shows, this question is weighing on us. We see crazy numbers of speakers, headphones, car accessories, and cases around here, virtually none of them breakthrough in any real way, and very few really innovative products. There is no doubt in our minds that we’ll soon be wading through aisles of similar products, looking for ones that stand out from the crowd. What do you really care about? What would you prefer that we completely ignore? I’m listening.
Bear in mind that the iLounge Poll (main page left column, in orange) has headphones, media content, speakers and cases in the lead right now, but perhaps for lack of more outside-box choices. Tell us what you think, and don’t forget to register your vote there.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: AirPods delay due to problems with wireless audio synchronization
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10