More iPod Speakers, or More iPod Sneakers?
I’m really interested in getting your take on the following question:
What do you care about right now, more iPod speakers, or more iPod sneakers?
The real question I’m posing here is whether you, as an iPod owner, are more interested in traditional accessories, such as a theoretical next-generation iPod speaker/headphone/car audio integration kit, or things that are completely new and outside the box, like the Nike + iPod Sport Kit and the iPod-compatible sneakers it spawned?* [Updated: To further clarify, I don’t mean only Nike sneakers, but rather new things that are similarly innovative and unexpected.]
As we head into two upcoming trade shows, this question is weighing on us. We see crazy numbers of speakers, headphones, car accessories, and cases around here, virtually none of them breakthrough in any real way, and very few really innovative products. There is no doubt in our minds that we’ll soon be wading through aisles of similar products, looking for ones that stand out from the crowd. What do you really care about? What would you prefer that we completely ignore? I’m listening.
Bear in mind that the iLounge Poll (main page left column, in orange) has headphones, media content, speakers and cases in the lead right now, but perhaps for lack of more outside-box choices. Tell us what you think, and don’t forget to register your vote there.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple patners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Report about Apple Pay in Japan hints at Oct. 25 release for iOS 10.1
- Apple Pay adds 20+ new U.S. banks and credit unions, MBNA Canada coming ‘mid-2017’
- Misfit launches Phase smartwatch
- ecobee releases ecobee3 lite HomeKit-enabled Smart Thermostat
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps