Our New iPad Case Gallery, Designed For Your Convenience
Published: Monday, March 29, 2010
Whether you’re on the “reserved it,” “want it,” or “maybe” list at this point, the iPad’s rolling into stores this week, and so are a huge bunch of new cases. The good news: we’ve gathered them all into a huge new iPad Case Gallery that lets you see all the options in a convenient visual form, rather than having to page through lists of names.
The bad news: most of the cases that will actually be available at the iPad’s launch will be sleeves—ones that aren’t form-fit to the iPad’s curves, because Apple didn’t provide dimensional drawings to case developers in time for the launch. Minute differences between the sizes of the Wi-Fi-only iPad and the iPad with Wi-Fi and 3G have left additional ambiguities as to whether certain cases will fit both models, making the pouch-like sleeve design a safer choice for companies in the iPad’s early roll-out stage. You’ll have to decide whether to buy something early on, or wait to make a purchase until later when the options are more numerous and diverse.
Enjoy the iPad Case Gallery, which will continue to grow as we approach the iPad’s launch date, and obviously continue to swell thereafter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store