Our New iPad Case Gallery, Designed For Your Convenience
Published: Monday, March 29, 2010
Whether you’re on the “reserved it,” “want it,” or “maybe” list at this point, the iPad’s rolling into stores this week, and so are a huge bunch of new cases. The good news: we’ve gathered them all into a huge new iPad Case Gallery that lets you see all the options in a convenient visual form, rather than having to page through lists of names.
The bad news: most of the cases that will actually be available at the iPad’s launch will be sleeves—ones that aren’t form-fit to the iPad’s curves, because Apple didn’t provide dimensional drawings to case developers in time for the launch. Minute differences between the sizes of the Wi-Fi-only iPad and the iPad with Wi-Fi and 3G have left additional ambiguities as to whether certain cases will fit both models, making the pouch-like sleeve design a safer choice for companies in the iPad’s early roll-out stage. You’ll have to decide whether to buy something early on, or wait to make a purchase until later when the options are more numerous and diverse.
Enjoy the iPad Case Gallery, which will continue to grow as we approach the iPad’s launch date, and obviously continue to swell thereafter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac