Our New iPad Case Gallery, Designed For Your Convenience
Whether you’re on the “reserved it,” “want it,” or “maybe” list at this point, the iPad’s rolling into stores this week, and so are a huge bunch of new cases. The good news: we’ve gathered them all into a huge new iPad Case Gallery that lets you see all the options in a convenient visual form, rather than having to page through lists of names.
The bad news: most of the cases that will actually be available at the iPad’s launch will be sleeves—ones that aren’t form-fit to the iPad’s curves, because Apple didn’t provide dimensional drawings to case developers in time for the launch. Minute differences between the sizes of the Wi-Fi-only iPad and the iPad with Wi-Fi and 3G have left additional ambiguities as to whether certain cases will fit both models, making the pouch-like sleeve design a safer choice for companies in the iPad’s early roll-out stage. You’ll have to decide whether to buy something early on, or wait to make a purchase until later when the options are more numerous and diverse.
Enjoy the iPad Case Gallery, which will continue to grow as we approach the iPad’s launch date, and obviously continue to swell thereafter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 models hit Apple Store
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?