Passing on Paris & other notes
Published: Friday, August 25, 2006
So, after some hand-wringing, we’ve decided to pass on attending Apple Expo Paris this year. Though it sounds like a number of new iPod accessories are going to premiere there - and a few innovative, interesting ones at that - some more pressing local concerns forced us to stay near home and watch that event from afar. On the bright side, Bob will be covering the smaller UK-based Mac Expo later that month, and likely seeing most of the same things, only a couple of weeks later.
Also - Cesar from ZuneInsider has confirmed the accuracy of the FCC filing showing Zune as a Toshiba-manufactured device, which explains the similarities between the device and Gigabeat S players. Of note: who supplies Apple with iPod hard drives? Correct - Toshiba. According to recent reports, Seagate apparently wants to take Toshiba’s business by supplying 60GB and 120GB iPod-ready drives; perhaps if its engineers have figured out the power consumption and other issues Apple is concerned with, it will get that opportunity.
And for those asking for more shots of Sake the Wonder Husky eating earphones, here’s one for you.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address