Pro-MacBook Marware protects handrests, bodies
We’re already well-familiar with Marware’s support for the iPod family, and as we’ve noted, impressed with the company’s most recent redesigns of its Sportsuit line of cases. This week, we finally got our hands on Sportfolio Deluxe cases for the MacBook and MacBook Pro, which incorporate the best touches from the SportSuits into strap- or handle-carried laptop bags. Marware obviously loves portable Apple hardware, and these new designs show it.
The boldest part of each Sportfolio is the new and cool Orca neoprene front pocket, which showed up in the Sportsuits and really caught our attention. Rather than looking like Spandex, the Orca neoprene is something between matte and shiny, approximating the texture of Orca whale skin, and makes a much nicer visual impression. Black and blue versions are available - our samples were in the more business-ready but less camera-friendly black, which in all candor we’d prefer to carry around for our own use. And three sizes are available, ones made specifically for the 13” MacBook and the 15” MacBook Pro sell for $80 each, while the 17” MacBook Pro’s version sells for $90.
Besides the obligatory zippered laptop pocket, a second pocket in each of the cases opens to reveal a bunch of expandable compartments, each with icons suggesting what can fit inside. One is battery or AV cable-sized, another Apple Remote-sized, a central pocket is iPod, camera, or mouse-ready, while the last is charger-sized. A loop above the central pocket has a spot that lets you attach your Marware and Multidapt clip-garbed iPod case if you prefer to keep your iPod double-encased on the road, and a pass-through hole on the case’s top lets you run headphones from the bag to your ears without opening a zipper. Additional zippered compartments on the inside and outside of the back provide plenty of room for other goodies you might be carrying
Also in the box: Protection Packs ($20) for the 13” MacBook and 15” MacBook Pro. Each includes a microfiber keyboard cover that doubles as a screen cleaning cloth, and a “PVC leather” cushioned adhesive hand rest that’s custom-fit to each machine. The phrase Protection Pack has taken on a dual meaning given numerous complaints of MacBook discoloration around that model’s hand rests, and the glossy shield on that model’s default screens. Marware makes the Protection Pack in white or black for the MacBook, and gray (shown) for the MacBook Pro.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0