PS3 vs. Wii: the Mac parody commercial | iLounge Backstage

Backstage

PS3 vs. Wii: the Mac parody commercial

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Friday, August 11, 2006
Backstage Categories:

imageJust like the old Switch ads, Apple’s most recent Get a Mac commercials have inspired numerous parodies, many of them at least mildly funny. But few speak truth and amuse on quite the same level as this one, casting Sony’s PlayStation 3 in the PC role to Nintendo’s Wii as the Mac. For video game fans, it’s definitely worth a look.

« Axio’s Fuse 06 - big, bold, black and red backpack

Noisy MacBook: Mooing gone, but now squeaking »

Comments

I will be so surprised if this makes it on tv. It’s pg 13 stuff, but I think it will hurt the wii rather then help

Posted by Jonathan Keim on August 11, 2006 at 2:57 PM (PDT)

Oh yeah, I love the fat women though. I think she is the perfect actor for the part

Posted by Jonathan Keim on August 11, 2006 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

It was shown on Attack of the Show on G4 TV.

Posted by Michael on August 11, 2006 at 3:36 PM (PDT)

So basically, the Wii is that stupid blonde that going out with seemed like a good idea at the time, but later down the line, you realize how annoying she is?

Posted by Nobody on August 13, 2006 at 8:11 AM (PDT)

The Wii isnt going to be an annoying blonde.  its going to be great.  the women in this commercial represent the product perfectly.  the PS3 is going to be a fat annoying %^(#&@^*$#(^#&@ and the Wii is going to be fun and cheap, and honestly we all love fun cheap thing not fat annoying %^(#&@^*$#(^#&@ .

Posted by George Anthony on August 13, 2006 at 8:17 PM (PDT)

So which option to choose?
Thick as a brick, cheap, nasty, superficial, no substance, no personality, as interesting as watching paint dry.
or
Intelligent, expensive, quality, understated, intresting and goes like train when you get them behind closed doors (nudge nudge wink wink).
I’ll stick to the ps3 thanks.

Posted by Bryan on August 14, 2006 at 4:46 AM (PDT)

Georgie: Smaller isn’t always better.

“...honestly we all love fun cheap thing[s]”.
Oh, so now the stupid blonde is also a **?

Posted by Nobody on August 14, 2006 at 5:53 AM (PDT)

Consoles are for playing. I know which I’d rather play with.

Posted by Jesse on August 14, 2006 at 6:01 AM (PDT)

Its funny how PS3 fanboys still stick to the fat @#$%& ! You know you want the Wii girl but not the Wii. Just say it. You dont have to force yourself into liking the fat @#$%* if you dont want to! @#$&#xin;g PS3 fans! lol!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by bobby on August 18, 2006 at 8:36 AM (PDT)

what? That fat person is a woman???
This whole time I thought that she is a guy…
still. ps3 is much better since I don’t like to swing my hand in mid air for one whole hour with no reason. (I will tireout myself)

Posted by hack on November 29, 2006 at 9:08 PM (PDT)