Starbucks’ iTunes Digital Releases and Plus 2 Cards
Published: Saturday, October 6, 2007
“How many times have you gone into a Starbucks and wondered, ‘what’s the name of the song that’s playing right now?’ “
Speaking just for myself, the answer is “zero,” but I’m sure that there are people out there who love the music at Starbucks. And no doubt the Apple/Starbucks iTunes deals—the Wi-Fi Music Store and new iTunes cards—are a marketing coup for at least Apple, which now gets to lock up the chain’s locations to sell more iTunes Store music.
Even locations that haven’t yet gotten the free Wi-Fi Music Store access (which is to say, most of the chain’s stores) have started to sell iTunes Digital Releases and Starbucks Cards Plus Two, such as the ones shown above. The Digital Releases provide full album downloads—here, Eddie Vedder’s Into the Wild film soundtrack with four bonus tracks and a digital booklet, and KT Tunstall’s Drastic Fantastic—while the Starbucks cards are drink gift cards with two iTunes song downloads of your choice. Full details are in our earlier news story; I thought you might want to see how they actually look.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks