Starbucks’ iTunes Digital Releases and Plus 2 Cards
“How many times have you gone into a Starbucks and wondered, ‘what’s the name of the song that’s playing right now?’ “
Speaking just for myself, the answer is “zero,” but I’m sure that there are people out there who love the music at Starbucks. And no doubt the Apple/Starbucks iTunes deals—the Wi-Fi Music Store and new iTunes cards—are a marketing coup for at least Apple, which now gets to lock up the chain’s locations to sell more iTunes Store music.
Even locations that haven’t yet gotten the free Wi-Fi Music Store access (which is to say, most of the chain’s stores) have started to sell iTunes Digital Releases and Starbucks Cards Plus Two, such as the ones shown above. The Digital Releases provide full album downloads—here, Eddie Vedder’s Into the Wild film soundtrack with four bonus tracks and a digital booklet, and KT Tunstall’s Drastic Fantastic—while the Starbucks cards are drink gift cards with two iTunes song downloads of your choice. Full details are in our earlier news story; I thought you might want to see how they actually look.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?