Starbucks’ iTunes Digital Releases and Plus 2 Cards
“How many times have you gone into a Starbucks and wondered, ‘what’s the name of the song that’s playing right now?’ “
Speaking just for myself, the answer is “zero,” but I’m sure that there are people out there who love the music at Starbucks. And no doubt the Apple/Starbucks iTunes deals—the Wi-Fi Music Store and new iTunes cards—are a marketing coup for at least Apple, which now gets to lock up the chain’s locations to sell more iTunes Store music.
Even locations that haven’t yet gotten the free Wi-Fi Music Store access (which is to say, most of the chain’s stores) have started to sell iTunes Digital Releases and Starbucks Cards Plus Two, such as the ones shown above. The Digital Releases provide full album downloads—here, Eddie Vedder’s Into the Wild film soundtrack with four bonus tracks and a digital booklet, and KT Tunstall’s Drastic Fantastic—while the Starbucks cards are drink gift cards with two iTunes song downloads of your choice. Full details are in our earlier news story; I thought you might want to see how they actually look.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?