Starbucks’ iTunes Digital Releases and Plus 2 Cards
“How many times have you gone into a Starbucks and wondered, ‘what’s the name of the song that’s playing right now?’ “
Speaking just for myself, the answer is “zero,” but I’m sure that there are people out there who love the music at Starbucks. And no doubt the Apple/Starbucks iTunes deals—the Wi-Fi Music Store and new iTunes cards—are a marketing coup for at least Apple, which now gets to lock up the chain’s locations to sell more iTunes Store music.
Even locations that haven’t yet gotten the free Wi-Fi Music Store access (which is to say, most of the chain’s stores) have started to sell iTunes Digital Releases and Starbucks Cards Plus Two, such as the ones shown above. The Digital Releases provide full album downloads—here, Eddie Vedder’s Into the Wild film soundtrack with four bonus tracks and a digital booklet, and KT Tunstall’s Drastic Fantastic—while the Starbucks cards are drink gift cards with two iTunes song downloads of your choice. Full details are in our earlier news story; I thought you might want to see how they actually look.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?