Stylish and Simple, Just Mobile’s Cooling Bar Macks Up the MacBook
Just Mobile makes cool accessories from aluminum. It also makes cool accessories from plastic, but there’s something just a little scary about how adept its designers are when working with metal—it creates riffs on Apple designs that even Apple would like. So pardon us for our continued enthusiasm over this aluminum wand, which the company calls the Cooling Bar. We mentioned it as one of the only real standout products at Macworld Expo in January, found alongside a matching full-sized MacBook stand and an aluminum mousepad.
The idea here is obvious: MacBooks can run a little hot when they’re touching certain flat surfaces, and stand to benefit from a little elevation. Cooling Bar offers that elevation with style.
It’s a solid chunk of beautifully machined aluminum, featuring diamond-cut edges, triple black rubber rings to prevent metal-on-metal scratching, and flat gray rubber padding on the bottom to keep it from rolling around on a desk. In person, it was something that made us walk over to the Just Mobile stand on sight; the edges and color combination pair beautifully with the metal MacBooks.
On the left side, there’s a cable managing groove to hold your MagSafe connector in place when you’re not using your computer, which can be up to 15” in width (read: 15” MacBook Pro) before spilling over the Bar’s sides. And that’s pretty much it. Cooling Bar sells for $40, and as simple as it may be in concept, the look, feel, and finish all make it feel worthwhile if you’re concerned about fan noise or heat. Additional pictures can be seen by clicking on the title of this article.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!