Take A Sneak Peek At Our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide
Assembling our annual Buyers’ Guides is one of the most challenging things we do for our readers. Although each one requires a month or more of hard-core production time, they’re actually each 12 months in the making, the distillation of thousands of hours of hands-on testing, photography, and writing into a single download you can carry around anywhere. When we say something’s the “best,” you know that’s not a term we throw around loosely, so when an entire 224-page book is filled with the year’s best Apple products, you can imagine all of the discussion and debate our editors went through to get to that point.
Our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide is the latest and greatest product of that process — an easy-to-read summary of the top Apple devices, accessories, and apps we’ve covered over the past year. Which iPad, iPhone, or iPod is the best? Which is the worst? We pull no punches, reassessing each product family as of where it stands today. And we devote the same perspective and energy to helping you pick the best third-party add-ons and software for your devices.
Of course, it wouldn’t be an iLounge Buyers’ Guide without expanded versions of some of our unique research projects. Where else can you find a complete table of the current market values for every past iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV model, or a plain English glossary that explains every one of Apple’s marketing and technical buzzwords in one place? We’ve also included a quick preview of the 2014 iLounge Pavilion at CES, which has grown to over 127,000 square feet at the famous January 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Following our tradition, we’re soft-launching the 2014 Buyers’ Guide here first so that our most loyal readers can get their hands on it a little ahead of the crunch on our servers tomorrow. Choose from twin-page (iPad/computer) or single-page (iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) versions using the links below. Each version is a free PDF, which can be opened with iBooks on an iOS device, and most web browsers or Adobe Acrobat on computers. You can get a sense of how each version looks from the screenshots here; you will need to do some pinch-zooming to read text on the iPhone and iPod touch using the single-page version, but not as much as on the twin-page version, which resembles a magazine or book in layout.
Please tell a friend or two about the Guide — thanks to you, we’ve had millions of downloads for our past editions, and continue to offer each version for free to readers all over the world. Thanks for your support, and enjoy our latest Buyers’ Guide!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?