Take A Sneak Peek At Our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide
Assembling our annual Buyers’ Guides is one of the most challenging things we do for our readers. Although each one requires a month or more of hard-core production time, they’re actually each 12 months in the making, the distillation of thousands of hours of hands-on testing, photography, and writing into a single download you can carry around anywhere. When we say something’s the “best,” you know that’s not a term we throw around loosely, so when an entire 224-page book is filled with the year’s best Apple products, you can imagine all of the discussion and debate our editors went through to get to that point.
Our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide is the latest and greatest product of that process — an easy-to-read summary of the top Apple devices, accessories, and apps we’ve covered over the past year. Which iPad, iPhone, or iPod is the best? Which is the worst? We pull no punches, reassessing each product family as of where it stands today. And we devote the same perspective and energy to helping you pick the best third-party add-ons and software for your devices.
Of course, it wouldn’t be an iLounge Buyers’ Guide without expanded versions of some of our unique research projects. Where else can you find a complete table of the current market values for every past iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV model, or a plain English glossary that explains every one of Apple’s marketing and technical buzzwords in one place? We’ve also included a quick preview of the 2014 iLounge Pavilion at CES, which has grown to over 127,000 square feet at the famous January 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Following our tradition, we’re soft-launching the 2014 Buyers’ Guide here first so that our most loyal readers can get their hands on it a little ahead of the crunch on our servers tomorrow. Choose from twin-page (iPad/computer) or single-page (iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) versions using the links below. Each version is a free PDF, which can be opened with iBooks on an iOS device, and most web browsers or Adobe Acrobat on computers. You can get a sense of how each version looks from the screenshots here; you will need to do some pinch-zooming to read text on the iPhone and iPod touch using the single-page version, but not as much as on the twin-page version, which resembles a magazine or book in layout.
Please tell a friend or two about the Guide — thanks to you, we’ve had millions of downloads for our past editions, and continue to offer each version for free to readers all over the world. Thanks for your support, and enjoy our latest Buyers’ Guide!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple releases tvOS 10.1.1, watchOS 3.1.3
- Apple releases iOS 10.2.1
- Foxconn considering $7B investment in ‘highly automated’ U.S. facility for Apple
- KGI: 3D Touch upgrade coming in new iPhone, Touch ID and facial recognition upgrades in future model
- Apple files lawsuit accusing Qualcomm of withholding patent royalties
- Apple releases updated iOS Developer Design Resources
- Apple’s exclusive audiobook deal with Audible ends in Europe following EU antitrust scrutiny
- Nintendo officially announces Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS, coming Feb. 2
- Rumor: Apple working on second-generation Apple Pencil
- GarageBand 2.2 adds Logic Pro X integration, Alchemy synth, Multi-Take Recording
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10