Tell Us Your Thoughts on iPhone Fart and Boob Apps
Readers, we’d like to hear your thoughts.
It’s universally accepted that the App Store is roughly 90% junk and 10% worthwhile content. You already know that we focus mostly on the good 10% rather than the bad 90%. And until recently, it was rare that popular apps in the Store were also trashy. Yet over the last month, Apple’s decision to let a collection of “limited utility” applications into the App Store opened the floodgates: the resulting publicity first helped fart noise apps shoot up the charts, and now, with similar assistance, the latest chart toppers are girl ogling apps: a 3-D model of a girl called “iGirl - Never Says No,” the wallpaper app “Bikini Blast” that features photos of “cougars and milfs,” and “Wobble Her Bikini,” which iets you add 3-D animated jiggling parts to 2-D photos. The latter one is, as of this moment, the #1 app in Apple’s Japanese App Store. Seriously.
Since our inception, iLounge has been a family-friendly site. We see and salute developers who are working hard to make games, programs, and content that really elevate the iPhone OS as a platform, but there’s no doubt that fart and boob apps are of interest to some people, too. So we want to know what you think. Should we give a little attention to these apps anyway, either in news or reviews, despite the fact that neither Steve Jobs nor Phil Schiller would ever get up on stage to salute them as their top-selling applications? Or should we ignore them despite their popularity? Your thoughts are appreciated.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?