Tell Us Your Thoughts on iPhone Fart and Boob Apps
Readers, we’d like to hear your thoughts.
It’s universally accepted that the App Store is roughly 90% junk and 10% worthwhile content. You already know that we focus mostly on the good 10% rather than the bad 90%. And until recently, it was rare that popular apps in the Store were also trashy. Yet over the last month, Apple’s decision to let a collection of “limited utility” applications into the App Store opened the floodgates: the resulting publicity first helped fart noise apps shoot up the charts, and now, with similar assistance, the latest chart toppers are girl ogling apps: a 3-D model of a girl called “iGirl - Never Says No,” the wallpaper app “Bikini Blast” that features photos of “cougars and milfs,” and “Wobble Her Bikini,” which iets you add 3-D animated jiggling parts to 2-D photos. The latter one is, as of this moment, the #1 app in Apple’s Japanese App Store. Seriously.
Since our inception, iLounge has been a family-friendly site. We see and salute developers who are working hard to make games, programs, and content that really elevate the iPhone OS as a platform, but there’s no doubt that fart and boob apps are of interest to some people, too. So we want to know what you think. Should we give a little attention to these apps anyway, either in news or reviews, despite the fact that neither Steve Jobs nor Phil Schiller would ever get up on stage to salute them as their top-selling applications? Or should we ignore them despite their popularity? Your thoughts are appreciated.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0