Tell Us Your Thoughts on iPhone Fart and Boob Apps
Readers, we’d like to hear your thoughts.
It’s universally accepted that the App Store is roughly 90% junk and 10% worthwhile content. You already know that we focus mostly on the good 10% rather than the bad 90%. And until recently, it was rare that popular apps in the Store were also trashy. Yet over the last month, Apple’s decision to let a collection of “limited utility” applications into the App Store opened the floodgates: the resulting publicity first helped fart noise apps shoot up the charts, and now, with similar assistance, the latest chart toppers are girl ogling apps: a 3-D model of a girl called “iGirl - Never Says No,” the wallpaper app “Bikini Blast” that features photos of “cougars and milfs,” and “Wobble Her Bikini,” which iets you add 3-D animated jiggling parts to 2-D photos. The latter one is, as of this moment, the #1 app in Apple’s Japanese App Store. Seriously.
Since our inception, iLounge has been a family-friendly site. We see and salute developers who are working hard to make games, programs, and content that really elevate the iPhone OS as a platform, but there’s no doubt that fart and boob apps are of interest to some people, too. So we want to know what you think. Should we give a little attention to these apps anyway, either in news or reviews, despite the fact that neither Steve Jobs nor Phil Schiller would ever get up on stage to salute them as their top-selling applications? Or should we ignore them despite their popularity? Your thoughts are appreciated.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels