The Mac Guessing Game | iLounge Backstage

Backstage

The Mac Guessing Game

You’ve probably already read about the Cube Project, and you might have seen my cryptic related comment that I was planning on making only one more classic Mac acquisition. This week, I made that purchase.

So, dear readers, which since-discontinued Macintosh computer do you think would be worthy of using and displaying alongside a Cube? I’ll post some interesting photos when someone gets the right answer.

Also: Ever since the iTunes 7.6.2 update, I’ve noticed that my computer’s fans are spinning a lot less, and that crashes—while still here, and related to graphics drivers/external displays—have decreased as well. Anyone else see the same thing?

« The Mac Guessing Game, Part 2

The Tonium Pacemaker. The iPod for DJs? »

Comments

Can’t tell. I’ve stoped updating iTunes. Minimal incremental updates should be gone.

Posted by MT on April 4, 2008 at 3:17 PM (CDT)

I’d guess its the Twentieth Anniversary Mac (TAM).  That was one awesome computer.  Remember its cameo in one of the Batman movies?

Posted by Matt M on April 4, 2008 at 3:40 PM (CDT)

Well, probably not the TAM since you sort of denied that in the comment. And you said it’s not as cool as the Cube. Can you clue us in as to whether it’s a desktop or laptop?

Posted by mattwardfh in Texas on April 4, 2008 at 4:59 PM (CDT)

I would say the TAM, but that’s too obvious.

So I would guess: either an original iMac, or a Original 128k Mac

Posted by Cameron on April 4, 2008 at 5:19 PM (CDT)

I have two guesses in this order:

1) Lisa / Macintosh XL
2) Macbook Portable (aka the luggable)

Posted by Lamont on April 4, 2008 at 5:41 PM (CDT)

Absolutely less access of the hard drive. And yeah, since I have a crystal CPU casing, my fans are spinning less.

Posted by rob_saldana on April 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM (CDT)

I’m thinking a Classic-type Mac - with a water-cooled fish-based cpu!

Posted by the Shepster on April 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM (CDT)

HOpe it’s the 4th gen (sunflower) iMac. With an updated spec sheet, i’d swap my current brand new iMac anyway.
Dan x

Posted by dan nicholls on April 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM (CDT)

Apple II

Posted by Lemons on April 4, 2008 at 8:48 PM (CDT)