Tweets On Apple’s iTV: Which Apple OS, Ports, and More
Published: Thursday, January 26, 2012
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I’m now actively discussing Apple, general technology, and food topics from my personal Twitter account (@horwitz), so for the first time, iLounge readers will actually have a reason to follow that account. Right before CES, the big topic was iPad 3. Around CES, we had a nice discussion regarding Apple’s upcoming TV. Today, the TV topic picked up again (see this news story), so I wanted to point you towards the discussion in process.
Several industries that will likely grow/develop after Apple iTV debut: add-on bezels. Big AirPlay speakers. Designer mounting solutions.— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
Companies are going to want to accessorize Apple-designed TVs if they’re as stark as this. But will consumers care? yfrog.com/hsnreoxj— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
This is how crazy thin OLED TVs are going to be going forward. But do people want to buy video, audio parts separately? yfrog.com/h3dm7uorj— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
The big discussion at @iLounge now is how far Apple will take wireless. Maybe it goes 100% AirPlay, with 802.11ac box for HDMI devices.— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
Join the discussion on Twitter by following @horwitz! You’ll find prior and new tweets on the topic there, too.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads