Tweets On Apple’s iTV: Which Apple OS, Ports, and More
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I’m now actively discussing Apple, general technology, and food topics from my personal Twitter account (@horwitz), so for the first time, iLounge readers will actually have a reason to follow that account. Right before CES, the big topic was iPad 3. Around CES, we had a nice discussion regarding Apple’s upcoming TV. Today, the TV topic picked up again (see this news story), so I wanted to point you towards the discussion in process.
Several industries that will likely grow/develop after Apple iTV debut: add-on bezels. Big AirPlay speakers. Designer mounting solutions.— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
Companies are going to want to accessorize Apple-designed TVs if they’re as stark as this. But will consumers care? yfrog.com/hsnreoxj— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
This is how crazy thin OLED TVs are going to be going forward. But do people want to buy video, audio parts separately? yfrog.com/h3dm7uorj— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
The big discussion at @iLounge now is how far Apple will take wireless. Maybe it goes 100% AirPlay, with 802.11ac box for HDMI devices.— Jeremy Horwitz (@horwitz) January 26, 2012
Join the discussion on Twitter by following @horwitz! You’ll find prior and new tweets on the topic there, too.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?