Video: Why a Waterproof iPod nano 5G Case Is Cool For Movie Makers
One of the relatively underappreciated features of the fifth-generation iPod nano is its collection of realtime video filters—overlays, color and lens distorters, plus other neat little tricks that enable the device’s camera to create more than just vanilla video imagery. Now pair those filters with H2O Audio’s Capture case, the first waterproof case for the new nano, and the only way we’re aware of to use the camera of any iPod or iPhone while underwater, and you have something that could never be done quite so easily before.
Total time to create this video after putting the nano in the case: 30 seconds. Ready to go and share, except that we pulled the audio portion out because the sound of a showerhead hitting a plastic case for 20 seconds isn’t fun to hear. It’s actually sort of amazing that audio gets recorded at all when the nano’s in a case like this—snorkelers, surfers, and pretty much anyone interested in, uh, filming in the shower could find an interesting use for this. Hopefully a safe one.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods or accessories, or if you sell or market products, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators. Wondering why we're talking about something other than iPods? Check the Archives: Backstage has been here and kicking it since 2004.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?